|Owner(s)||Observer Media Group|
|Founder(s)||Matt Walsh, Lisa Walsh|
|Headquarters||1970 Main Street|
The Sarasota Observer is one of thirteen weekly newspapers published by The Observer Group, which was formed in 1995, and whose headquarters are located in Sarasota, Florida. Established in 2004 to serve downtown Sarasota, the weekly publication joined the family of hyper-local newspapers in the region which in 2012 changed its name to the Observer Media Group (not to be confused with Observer Media owned by Jared Kushner).
The free newspaper is distributed to neighborhoods by delivery and made available at media racks, local businesses, and libraries. It often features significant festivals and activities sponsored by local arts organizations. For example, the Sarasota Observer published an extensive guide to the 2012 Sarasota Chalk Festival, a free event lasting ten days in downtown Sarasota that is produced by a local nonprofit, Avenida de Colores.
- "About Us". Observer Media Group. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "Membership Directory - Sarasota Observer, The". Florida Press Association. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- "The Sarasota Observer". Local Connections. Louis Wery. Archived from the original on March 5, 2016. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Sarasota Observer". Sarasota Patch. Patch Media. Archived from the original on August 14, 2013. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Festival Guide 2012". Sarasota Observer. November 2012. Retrieved December 18, 2017.