|Born||Yatiyantota, Kegalle, Sri Lanka|
|Nationality||Sri Lankan American|
|Institutions||Jet Propulsion Laboratory of NASA|
|Alma mater||Nalanda College Colombo
University of Colombo
University of Pittsburgh
|Known for||Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector, infrared imaging technology|
|Spouse||Vajira née Udukumbura|
Sri Lanka Ranajana Sarath Gunapala, (Sinhala:සරත් ගුණපාල) is a solid-state physicist, senior research scientist and group supervisor at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. He works primarily in Quantum Well Infrared Photo Detecting. He is also a board member of Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector Technologies LLC. Gunapala lives in the suburbs of Los Angeles, CA with his wife Vajira.
- "Information for Non U.S. Citizens". NASAJobs. Retrieved 15 October 2015.[not in citation given]
- Official NASA biography
- Rutnam, Jayam (14 June 2012). "Shalini Graduates From Cornell". San Gabriel Valley Examiner. Retrieved 29 January 2013.[full citation needed]
- NASA - Outstanding Leadership award winner Dr. Sarath Gunapala shares his views...[not in citation given]
- Dr. Sarath Gunapala: Exploring the Solar System[unreliable source?]
- Nalanda Keerthi Sri Archived 7 January 2016 at the Wayback Machine.
- "A shining light to Lanka's budding scientists". The Sunday Times. Retrieved 15 October 2015.