Saratoga High School (California)
|Saratoga High School|
20300 Herriman Avenue|
Saratoga, California 95070
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District|
|Athletics conference||Santa Clara Valley Athletic League|
|Newspaper||The Saratoga Falcon|
|Communities served||Saratoga, Monte Sereno, Los Gatos|
|Feeder schools||Redwood Middle School|
Saratoga High School is a public high school in Saratoga, California, United States. It is part of the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District. The school is jointly accredited by the California Department of Education and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Student enrollment averages around 1350.
National History Bowl
Saratoga Football has won five CIF Central Coast Section championships: 1973, 1976, 1980, 1987, 1996. The team formerly played night games at Los Gatos High School; in April 2006, the Trustees of the Los Gatos-Saratoga Joint Union High School District approved permanent lights for the football field.
SHS Baseball won a Division II CCS championship in 1999.
At the 2005 National Grade Level Chess Championships in Houston, the 9th graders were national champions.( The team won the NorCal State Championship for a record six consecutive years (2004–2010).
The school has 8 tennis courts, an all weather track, an artificial turf football field, an artificial turf soccer field, a quad, and an Olympic-size swimming pool. The McAfee Performing Arts and Lecture Center, a community facility, opened in the mid-2000s.
- Mark Ames (1983) - journalist
- Mark Arnold (1984) - author
- Zach Gill (1993) - musician
- Lance Guest (1978) - actor
- Lee Hancock (1985) - Major League Baseball player
- Bill Haselman (1984) - Major League Baseball player and coach
- Dan Janjigian (1991) - actor and bobsledder
- Mark Kvamme (1979) - venture capitalist
- Alex Lagemann (2007) - musician
- Beth Lisick (1987) - author
- Patricia Miranda (1997) - bronze medalist in wrestling at 2004 Summer Olympics
- Cyndy Poor (1971) - 1976 Olympian and American record holder
- Kyle Shanahan (1993) - head coach of NFL's San Francisco 49ers
- Ed Solomon (1978) - actor, director, writer and producer
- Steven Spielberg (1965) - Academy Award-winning film director
- Carrie Steinseifer (1986) - 1984 Olympic swimmer
- Vienna Teng (1996) - singer-songwriter
- Patrick Vlaskovits (1994) - author
- David Warshofsky (1979) - actor
- "Saratoga High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 19, 2017.
- "Education: Best high schools: Saratoga High School overview". U.S. News & World Report. 2014. Archived from the original on 2014-07-14.
- Brandy Miceli (2017-08-17). "Saratoga High is 4th top public high school in California". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2018-01-20.
- "Results for the 2015 National History Bee & Bowl". National History Bee & Bowl. Retrieved 4 May 2015.
- "Historical Record of CCS Football Champions Year-by-Year". CIF/Central Coast Section. Archived from the original on 2014-10-16. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- Michele Leung (2006-04-26). "Friday night football will be under the lights at Saratoga". Saratoga News. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30.
- "Historical Record of CCS Baseball Championship Results". California Interscholastic Federation, Central Coast Section. Archived from the original on 2001-04-10.
- Michael Aigner (2005-12-08). "Naroditsky and 9th graders win in Houston!". The Northern California Chess Association. Archived from the original on 2007-09-27.
- "Chess team breaks six-year win streak at state tournament". Saratoga Falcon. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- "Little known chess team aims for sixth straight state championship". Saratoga Falcon. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- Burleigh, Nina. "Sexting, Shame and Suicide." Rolling Stone. September 17, 2013. Retrieved on November 4, 2013.
- Kaustuv Basu (2005-09-07). "Saratoga High's new PAL is McAfee after a $1 million gift to the center". Saratoga News. Archived from the original on 2007-09-30.
- Mark Ames (February 18, 2004). "Capturing the Saratogans". Metro Silicon Valley. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Marianne L. Hamilton (August 29, 2011). "Local band with Saratoga ties has a fanatic following". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Khalida Sarwari (September 2, 2015). "Saratoga Historical Museum exhibit showcases the history of local theater". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Lee Hancock Stats". Baseball Almanac. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Dennis Schlossman (2017-01-17). "Dodgers Management: A Quick Look at Oklahoma City's Bill Haselman". Think Blue Planning Committee. Los Angeles Dodgers. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Player Profiles: Football: Alex Lagemann". ESPN College Sports. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Todd Inoue (2005-07-06). "Making a Splash". Metro Silicon Valley. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Pam Lambert (2004-07-26). "Patricia Miranda". People. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Shanahan makes fine 49ers first impression but no guarantees". San Jose Mercury News. 2017-02-09. Retrieved 2017-02-10.
- Marianne L. Hamilton (April 25, 2011). "Grads share success stories with Saratoga students". San Jose Mercury News. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- "Olympic Sports: Carrie Steinseifer". Sports-Reference. Retrieved 2018-01-19.
- Todd Inoue (2004-05-26). "Vienna Calling". Metro Silicon Valley. Retrieved 2018-01-19.