Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology
Shri Manubhai B. Patel(Pari Toor Dal)
|Chancellor||Dr. Kamla Beniwal|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Akshai Aggarwal|
|Principal||Dr. J. V. Deshkar|
|Director||Dr. (Prof.) A. R. Pandya|
|500 full-time and 50 part-time|
|Location||Vasad, Gujarat, India|
|Affiliations||GTU, GU, AICTE, ISTE, CSI, ISA|
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology, Vasad, or SVIT, is a private technical institute located on the banks of the Mahi River, Gujarat, India. It offers undergraduate and graduate-level technical education. SVIT holds annual events like Prakarsh (National Technical Festival), Annual Day, Sports Week, Welcome and Farewell Party. SVIT has started M.E courses in Mechanical and Civil Engineering.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology was established in 1997 with the ideals of Shri Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. The New English School Trust, Vasad, constituted the Board of Management of SVIT under the chairmanship of an educationist and administrator of Gujarat, Prof. Shantibhai M Amin, Shri.Shivakaka and Shri. Chandukaka.
Prof.Sagar J Patel(Bakrol) and Shiva Kaka, classmates at the College of Engineering, Pune, along with Chandubhai Patel, a businessman in the town established SVIT with the help of local people. The objective was to fill the gap between the Universities situated in Vadodara and Anand, i.e., Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda and Sardar Patel University.
Prof. Amin is an educationalist and was the principal of Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya for 13 years. He was a civil engineer and was involved in the construction of the township of Vallabh Vidhyanagar. The college was built with Gandhian philosophy.
The main role was played by Chandubhai Patel. He played a big part in bringing the people together who could make this institution possible. Ramanbhai Patel (Raman kaka) contributed Rs. 1.5 crore — the biggest donation the institution has received.
The college land was waste land purchased from the government. It was a ruinous area then it was prepared for the construction of the building. SVIT started with Civil, Mechanical and Electrical branches with an intake of 40 students.
SVIT houses an Aeronautical Engineering division as well, the only one in the State of Gujarat, with an intake of 60 students. It also has Architecture as a branch, called the College of Architecture.
SVIT, Vasad is on the banks of the Mahi River at Vasad, in a pollution-free environment 20 km from Vadodara, 18 km from Vallabh Vidhyanagar and 90 km from Ahmedabad. The climate is mostly dry and temperature is mostly between 30˚ to 40˚ in summer and 10˚ to 25˚ in winter. It is around 50 km from the Gulf of Cambay and Arabian Sea. It is surrounded by the fertile Charotar region.
SVIT comprises 26 acres (110,000 m2) of land on which the institute buildings are constructed with the plinth area of 232608 (Carpet area 193840) sq ft. Playgrounds for outdoor and indoor games facilities have been developed. Land for 25 feet (7.6 m)-wide approach road, joining the national highway to the institute, has been purchased and developed by the management.
Other facilities include Administration (G.F-ADM & Drawing Hall, F.F-Library, S.F-Ament. & Drawing Hall), cafeteria, Remote Sensing (Civil Dept.), Power Sub Station, Stationery Shop, Transport Cell, Pump Room, Coffee Shop.
- A CNC lathe machine and EDM are present in the workshop.
- Software like Pro/E & ANSYS are used in aiding students of the Mechanical Engineering department.
- FFT Analyser is in Aeronautical Engineering Department.
- Software like MATLAB, TINAPRO, Embedded System, Mobile Communication and Energy Audit instruments are in the E&C Department.
- PSCAD and ETAP software and a high voltage laboratory in the Electrical Engineering department.
- STADD-PRO software, image processing software and Photogrammetric Instrument (PG-3) are available for analyzing aerial photographs in the Civil Engineering Department.
- Consultancy services and auditing in Environmental Engineering.
The following table shows branch-wise intake in SVIT in alphabetical order, along with AICTE approval status as per 30 April 2015 release.
|Discipline||Intake||Duration||AICTE approved Yes / No|
|Aeronautical Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Civil Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Computer Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
|Electrical Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
|Information Technology Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
|Instrumentation & Control Engineering||60||4 years||Yes|
|Master of Computer Applications||60||3 years/2 years (Lateral)||Yes|
|Mechanical Engineering||120||4 years||Yes|
|M.E. - CAD/CAM||18||2 years||Yes|
|M.E. - EC||18||2 years||Yes|
|M.E. - Struct. Engg. (Civil)||18||2 years||Yes|
|M.E. - Computer Engg.||18||2 years||Yes|
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2011:The Spectrum of Technology based on theme 'Vibrant Vasad'" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- An Intra-College Technical Event "Vision-2010" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2010 'Lets Re-Wise, Re-Think, Re-Cycle, Re-Create'" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2009 'Be the change'" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2008 'Let us Evolve...'" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2007" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- National Level Event "Prakarsh-2006" arranged by ISTE SVIT Chapter.
- Celebration of Productivity Week: experts delivering speeches.
- Expert lecture was arranged by Brunel University (West London), UK.
- Regular GD and Personality Development Programmes by agencies.
- Lecture was arranged on "Prospects of Aerospace Engineering".
- "National Water Day Celebration" sponsored by GUJCOST.
- Airshow where aircraft models were flown and acrobatics were performed.
- Archi fest " prrarambh -05"
- Archi fest " zest opus -12"
- Archi fest " zest opus -07"
- Archi fest " zest opus -08"
Every year SVIT in association with ISTE organize PRAKARSH - A national level technical symposium. Participants from colleges in India come and take part in technical and non-technical events. In 2011 more than 5000 participants took part in more than 45 events.
The placement facilities are handled by the T&P cell. Every year companies come to SVIT campus for recruitment.
SVIT Alumni Association
The SVIT Alumni Association is a group of ex-students.
- Prof. Shantibhai M. Amin (1997–2004)
- Shri. Bhaskarbhai C. Patel
- Shri Vinubhai M. Patel (2006–2007)
- "List of AICTE approved institutions (A.Y. 2015-16) as on 30th April 2015" (PDF). aicte-india.org. Retrieved 7 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Institute of Technology.|
- Official website of College of Engineering - SVIT
- Official website of College of Architecture - SVIT
- Prakarsh - SVIT
- Alumni login