Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University
|Chancellor||Shri O. P. Kohli|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. (Dr.) Ashok A. Patel (Ph.D.)|
|Location||Palanpur, Gujarat, India, India|
Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University also known SDAU, is one of the State Agricultural University in India. It is approximately 30 km (19 mi) from the Palanpur town in Banaskantha District of Gujarat.
The Gujarat Agricultural University started functioning in June 1972. It was established with specific mandates of promoting productivity of agriculture by pursuing research in agriculture and allied sciences. The unique feature of the Gujarat Agricultural University was a multi-campus set-up. The other three campuses were at Junagadh, Navsari and Anand.
Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University was founded as one of the prestigious State Agricultural Universities in India. It is approximately 30 km (19 mi) from Palanpur in the Banaskantha District of Gujarat.
Since 2004, the GAU has been split into four campuses. The Gujarat Agricultural University started functioning with specific mandates for promoting productivity of agriculture through the pursuance of research in agriculture and allied sciences. The Gujarat Agricultural University had 11 constituent colleges faculties which undertook undergraduate and postgraduate teaching under a semester system. The total number of students, graduated from the Gujarat Agricultural University (until 1996) were 8532 in Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Dairy Science, Agricultural Engineering, Horticulture and Forestry, Home Science and Fisheries. 2159 students have obtained Masters, and 393 have acquired their PhD degrees.
Gujarat Agricultural University does not exist any more. The four campuses of Gujarat Agricultural University were converted into four universities on May 1, 2004 by Gujarat Government through the Gujarat Agricultural Universities Act 2004.
- The Sardar Krushinagar campus in Dantiwada Taluka (earlier the headquarters of GAU) is known as Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University and has eight colleges:
- Shri G.N.Patel Dairy Science and Food Technology College
- C.P. College of Agriculture
- College of Veterinary and Animal Husbandry
- ASPEE College of Home Science
- College of Agri-Business Management
- College of Horticulture
- College of Environmental Engineering
- College of Basic Science & Humanities
- The other three agriculture universities which were converted into universities from GAU are Anand Agricultural University, Navsari Agricultural University, Navsari and Junagadh Agricultural University, Junagadh.