|Coordinates: 38°09′03″N 48°04′26″E / 38.15083°N 48.07389°E|
|Time zone||UTC+3:30 (IRST)|
|Sareyn at GEOnet Names Server|
Sareyn (Persian: سرعين, also Romanized as Sar‘eyn, Sara’eyn, Sar‘eīn, Sar ‘Eyn, and Sarein) is a city in the Central District of Sareyn County, Ardabil province, Iran, and serves as capital of the county.
At the 2006 census, its population was 4,478 in 1,135 households, when it was in the former Sareyn District of Ardabil County. The following census in 2011 counted 4,440 people in 1,241 households, by which time the district had separated from the county and become Sareyn County. The latest census in 2016 showed a population of 5,459 people in 1,582 households.
Sareyn is known for its hot springs. The population increases to more than 20,000 in the summer because of the many tourists who go there due to the charming climate. It stands 25 km from Ardabil and total area is 1.28 square km2.
- Qara Su (A'saab) Thermal Spring
- Sari Su Thermal Spring
- Gavmish Goli Thermal Spring
- General Thermal Spring
- Besh Bajilar Thermal Spring
- Qahveh Suei Thermal Spring
- Pehenlu Thermal Spring
- ^ OpenStreetMap contributors (29 March 2023). "Sareyn, Sareyn County" (Map). OpenStreetMap. Retrieved 29 March 2023.
- ^ a b "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1395 (2016)". AMAR (in Persian). The Statistical Center of Iran. p. 24. Archived from the original (Excel) on 22 March 2019. Retrieved 19 December 2022.
- ^ Sareyn can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3082753" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- ^ "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". AMAR (in Persian). The Statistical Center of Iran. p. 24. Archived from the original (Excel) on 20 September 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2022.
- ^ "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1390 (2011)" (Excel). Iran Data Portal (in Persian). The Statistical Center of Iran. p. 24. Retrieved 19 December 2022.
- ^ Sarein City Guide
- Sarein – Iran Tourism center