|State||Kingdom of Denmark|
|• Mayor||Najaaraq Goliathsen|
|Postal code||3911 Sisimiut|
Sarfannguit (old spelling: Sarfannguaq / Sarfánguaq) is a settlement in the Qeqqata municipality in central-western Greenland. Its population was 126 in 2010. The settlement was founded in 1843.
Sarfannguit is located on the eastern promontory of an island of the same name, approximately 36 km (22 mi) east of Sisimiut, facing the mainland of Greenland across the Imartuninnguaq Strait, at this point only 200 m (660 ft) wide. The strait opens into the Amerloq Fjord in the west, which then heads to the west, emptying into Davis Strait south of Sisimiut. Ikertooq Fjord bounds the island from the south.
The closest aerodrome is Sisimiut Airport in Sisimiut, with connections to Ilulissat, Kangerlussuaq, Maniitsoq, and Nuuk operated by Air Greenland. There are no helicopter services to coastal settlements of Davis Strait in the Qeqqata and Sermersooq municipalities.
Royal Arctic Line provides weekly ferry services to Itilleq and Sisimiut, a port of call for the Arctic Umiaq Line, with connections to Ilulissat and Aasiaat in the Disko Bay region, and to coastal towns in southwestern and southern Greenland.
There is no road reaching Sarfannguit, but it would be connected to the proposed Sisimiut-Kangerlussuaq road, which has been discussed for several years, but not built. Snowmobiles are used in winter to connect to Sisimiut, roughly 50 km away.
The population of Sarfannguit has been stable in the last two decades.
- Qeqqata Municipality (in Danish)
- Statistics Greenland (in Danish)
- Qeqqata Municipality (in Greenlandic)
- Vandrekort Vestgrønland: Sisimiut (Map) (1996 ed.). Cartography by Compukort, Denmark. Greenland Tourism a/s.
- "Sus i Sarfannguaq". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 28 August 2010. Retrieved 28 August 2010.
- Air Greenland, Departures and Arrivals
- Royal Arctic Line, Angaju Ittuk schedule (in Danish)
- AUL, Timetable 2009
- Statistics Greenland