Sarfarosh (1930 film)
|Directed by||A. R. Kardar|
|Produced by||Playart Phototone|
|Cinematography||K. V. Machve|
Playart Phototone/United Player's Corporation
Sarfarosh also called Brave Hearts was a 1930 Indian silent film directed by A. R. Kardar. Made as action adventure film based on the RKO dramas, it was produced by Kardar's production company, "Playart Phototone". According to Hameeduddin Mahmood, the films had double titles up until the mid-1930s; the Hindi/Urdu name for the home market (India), and the English name for the overseas market. Kardar gave up acting after having starred in Husn Ka Daku (1929) and cast Gul Hamid in the main role. He also gave Rafiqe Ghaznavi a break as an actor in the film. Ghaznavi went on to become a famous music director.
The cinematographer was K. V. Machve, and the actors were Gul Hamid, Ghulam Qadir, Miss Gulzar, Rafiqe Ghaznavi and Mumtaz.
- Gul Hamid
- Ghulam Qadir
- Miss Gulzar
- Rafiq Gazanavi
The film, like Husn Ka Daku (1929) was released at Deepak Cinema, in the Bhati Gate area of Lahore. The film was made in thirty weeks and made "1,170 rupees, 2 annas and 6 paisa", making it the "Most successful" film until that time.
- Gulazāra; Saibal Chatterjee (2003). Encyclopaedia of Hindi Cinema. Popular Prakashan. pp. 593–. ISBN 978-81-7991-066-5. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Geoffrey Nowell-Smith (17 October 1996). The Oxford History of World Cinema. Oxford University Press, UK. ISBN 978-0-19-811257-0. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Hameeduddin Mahmood (1974). The kaleidoscope of Indian cinema. Affiliated East-West Press. Retrieved 21 March 2015.
- "A. R. Kardar". filmtvguildindia.org/. The Film & Television Producers Guild of India Ltd. Archived from the original on 30 March 2015. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- "Sarfarosh (1930)". citwf.com. Alan Goble. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
- Khalid, Haroon. "Long-lost siblings". hrisouthasian.org. HRI Southasian. Retrieved 23 March 2015.
|This article related to an Indian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a silent adventure film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|