Sarina Russo launches jobactive contract at Sarina Russo Job Access Ringwood with Prime Minister Tony Abbott, September 2015.
23 June 1951
Castiglione, Sicily Italy
|Occupation||Entrepreneur - Founder and Managing Director Sarina Russo Group|
Sarina Russo (born 23 June 1951) is the founder of The Sarina Russo Group.
She was born in Castiglione, Sicily, Italy. Her father Antonio emigrated to Brisbane in 1952, followed by the rest of the family 1956. Russo attended St Stephen's Primary School and All Hallows' School.
She worked as a legal secretary and as a part-time typing teacher. Russo launched 'The Office Business Academy’ in 1979.
Almost 37 years later, Russo’s well and truly entrenched at the top of recruitment and training empire, Sarina Russo Job Access operates across more than 200 sites, employs more than 1000 people and helped elevate Russo to the 12th spot on the BRW Women’s Rich List in 2015.
The Sarina Russo Group is made up of: Sarina Russo Job Access Australia & Great Britain; Sarina Russo Recruitment; Sarina Russo Apprenticeships; VOICE Psychologists and Allied Professionals, Sarina Russo Institute, Russo Business School, James Cook University Brisbane, Sarina Russo White House, Sarina Russo Global Initiative (not-for-profit arm) and Sarina Investments.
Sarina Russo Job Access won a major contract in June 2015 with the Federal Government. The business expanded from 25 to 95 offices as part of the $6 billion Jobactive and Apprenticeship program to help job seekers.
Sarina is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative, Queensland Premier’s Annastacia Palaszczuk's Advisory Board, Women’s Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government, the Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World, and a former Trustee of the Jupiter’s Casino Community Benefit Fund since 1995.
Sarina is financial contributor to both major Australian political parties
- de Silva, Margaret. (2011). "Candidate # 6: Sarina Russo". Person of the Year 2011, bmag. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Entrepreneur - It's a Long Way To The Top" by Mortgage Business 12 March 2008
- Priestley, Angela (16 Mar 2016). "'Thank you to all the bosses who fired me': Sarina Russo's massive training business". Women's Agenda.
- "Sarina Russo - The Hard Way" by Roger Thompson for Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin December 2006
- Azzi, Martha (4 October 2015). "Woman fired from eight jobs over her 'attitude' now runs multi-million dollar recruitment business - as offers up her five tips on how you can turn your career around". Daily Mail Australia.
- WARDILL, STEVEN (27 November 2015). "Business Advisory Council member Sarina Russo defends Palaszczuk Government's achievements". The Courier-Mail. NewsLtd.
- "Political Donation