Sarina Russo launches jobactive contract at Sarina Russo Job Access Ringwood with Prime Minister Tony Abbott, September 2015.
23 June 1951
|Occupation||Entrepreneur - Founder and Managing Director Sarina Russo Group|
Sarina Russo (born 23 June 1951) is the founder of The Sarina Russo Group.
She was born in Castiglione di Sicilia, Italy. Her father Antonio immigrated to Brisbane in 1952, followed by her mother, Maria, and Sarina, Rita and Giuseppe, in 1956. Russo attended St Stephen's Primary School and All Hallows' School.
She worked as a legal secretary and as a part-time typing teacher. Russo launched "The Office Business Academy" in 1979.
As at 2018, Sarina Russo Job Access operates across more than 200 sites, employs more than 1000 people and helped elevate Russo to the 12th spot on the BRW Women’s Rich List in 2015.
The Sarina Russo Group is made up of: Sarina Russo Job Access Australia & Great Britain; Sarina Russo Recruitment; Sarina Russo Apprenticeships; VOICE Psychologists and Allied Professionals, Sarina Russo Institute, Russo Business School, James Cook University Brisbane, Sarina Russo White House, Sarina Russo Global Initiative (not-for-profit arm) and Sarina Investments.
Sarina Russo Job Access won a major contract in June 2015 with the Federal Government worth $606M from 2015-2020. This contract has reportedly helped Russo expand the business from 25 to 95 offices to provide Jobactive and Apprenticeship programs for job seekers.
Russo is a member of the Clinton Global Initiative, Queensland Premier’s Annastacia Palaszczuk's Advisory Board, Women’s Leadership Board of the John F. Kennedy School of Government, the Leading Women Entrepreneurs of the World, and a former Trustee of the Jupiter’s Casino Community Benefit Fund since 1995.
Russo is financial contributor to both major Australian political parties, but gives over twice as much to the Liberal Party than Labor.
- de Silva, Margaret. (2011). "Candidate # 6: Sarina Russo Archived 2012-03-28 at the Wayback Machine". Person of the Year 2011, bmag. Retrieved 16 January 2013.
- "Entrepreneur - It's a Long Way To The Top" by Mortgage Business 12 March 2008
- "Meet the 2018 entrepreneurs". Ernst & Young Global Limited. Retrieved 24 September 2018.
- Priestley, Angela (16 Mar 2016). "'Thank you to all the bosses who fired me': Sarina Russo's massive training business". Women's Agenda.
- "Sarina Russo - The Hard Way" by Roger Thompson for Harvard Business School Alumni Bulletin December 2006
- Azzi, Martha (4 October 2015). "Woman fired from eight jobs over her 'attitude' now runs multi-million dollar recruitment business - as offers up her five tips on how you can turn your career around". Daily Mail Australia.
- WARDILL, STEVEN (27 November 2015). "Business Advisory Council member Sarina Russo defends Palaszczuk Government's achievements". The Courier-Mail. NewsLtd.
- "Political Donation