|District||South East Delhi|
|• Body||South Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|• Official||Hindi, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Nearest city||Gurgaon / Faridabad / Noida / Greater Noida|
|Lok Sabha constituency||South Delhi|
|Civic agency||South Delhi Municipal Corporation|
Sarita Vihar is a residential colony, under the housing scheme of Delhi Development Authority (DDA), 1988-89 situated in South Delhi, India. In recent times, it has acquired the status of being one of the most sought after and posh colonies of Delhi. It is believed that the site was primarily chosen as the construction site for the Games Village of the 1982 Asian Games, however on the insistence of the late PM Rajiv Gandhi, the plan was changed to convert it into a residential housing location. Recently, it was awarded the "Greenest Colony in Delhi" tag by the former Chief Minister of Delhi, Ms. Sheila Dikshit, credited to the efforts of its RWA members who have aggressively worked towards improving the state of parks and green spots in the colony.
Sarita Vihar is located close to the confluence of 3 states namely Delhi, Uttar Pradesh & Haryana and hence has arterial roads with massive traffic movement, connecting the capital with the industrial town of Faridabad, Noida & Greater Noida. It is at a 10 minutes drive from Noida, Uttar Pradesh, this connectivity advantage means it has become one of the most suitable places to live in South Delhi, giving the residents easy access to various places. Situated on Mathura Road (part of National Highway (NH-2)), the colony is easily accessible and its connectivity has been further enhanced by a Metro line (Violet Line) with a dedicated metro station in its name Next to it is Apollo Hospital (the biggest corporate hospital in Delhi), District Centre, a modern sports complex (Netaji Subhash Sports Complex), Kalindi Kunj and District Police Headquarters.
Okhla Industrial Areas, Phases I and II, are located just opposite of Sarita Vihar on the other side of NH-2. An underpass which has been under construction since the past five years to be completed October 2014[when?], will make it convenient to reach these two industrial hubs of Delhi for Noida and Faridabad commuters, and will play a pivotal role in improving the traffic condition in the locality, which has swelled up in the last few years.
There are massive infrastructure projects in the pipeline like the new Kalindi Kunj bridge expansion and recently Lieutenant governor cleared Kalindi Kunj bypass project which will connect DND flyway with badarpur over Agra canal an elevated road of 7 km that are going to further enhance the appeal of Sarita Vihar.
Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate is nearby, stretching parallel to Sarita Vihar. It is a hub for almost all Indian and international car showrooms (Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, Audi, Lamborghini, Honda, Maruti Suzuki, Skoda, BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Hyundai, Ford, Toyota, TATA, Mahindra, Mercedes, Porsche, Renault, Fiat, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc.) making it one of the most diversified locations for car buyers. Such a stretch of showroom is probably unseen in any part of the country. International BPO's, software houses, offices both ultra modern in Jasola and classical ones many eating joints, such as Haldiram's, Pind Balluchi, Domino's, Pizza Hut, Moti Mahal Deluxe, Subway, Cafe Coffee Day and Sagar Ratna are also present. A new concept of buying fresh vegetables and fruits direct from Khet/Farm is being introduced by myKheti . Nehru Place, the biggest computer hardware and accessories market in Asia, and Lajpat Nagar a shopping market, are within 5–7 km of Sarita Vihar and are easily accessible by road as well as Metro Line. Most importantly, the people travelling between Noida and Okhla will now save both on time and fuel as the 1,090-metre Sarita Vihar underpass was opened in December, 2014.
- All India Institute of Ayurveda, Delhi The AIIAD project completed in 2016 by the Delhi government for construction of the All India Institute of Ayurveda, Delhi at Sarita Vihar.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, is a stone's throw from Sarita Vihar, and has proven to be a boon for residents, providing some of the best medical facilities in the country.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and
- Holy Family Hospital are some of the hospitals located within the radius of 5 km of Sarita Vihar.
School and institutes
- DAV Public School
- GURUKUL play school/Day boarding for Kids
- GD Goenka Public School, Sarita Vihar
- Glory Public School
- Shemrock Play School
- Dreamland Play School
- Marigolds Play School
- Kinderland Play School
- Saint Giri Senior Secondary School
- St. Joseph School
- MCD Boys School
- Rajkiya Sarvodaya Bal Vidyalaya
- Periyar Management and Computer College
- Asia-Pacific Institute of Management
- Global Institute of Management Technology
Social and religious organisations
- Areas nearby
- Greater Kailash
- Kalkaji Mandir
- Lajpat Nagar
- Nehru Place
- New Friends Colony
- Greater Kailash
- Mohan Estate
- Maharani Bagh
- "Greenest Colony in Delhi". Times of India. 8 June 2013.
- "Sarita Vihar underpass finally opens". The Hindu. 20 December 2014.
- "Ayurveda institute like AIIMS to come up in capital". The Times Of India. 24 January 2008.
- "School in Sarita Vihar".
- "Schools in South Delhi".
- "St. Joseph School in Sarita Vihar, Delh".
- "Delhi Government School, Sarita Vihar (New Delhi)".
- "Periyar Management and Computer College".
- "Asia-Pacific Institute of Management".
- "Global Institute of Management Technology".