||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||May 7th 1979
|Occupation||Actor, Director, Screen-Writer|
Sarmad Khoosat (born May 7, 1979) is a Pakistani actor, director and screenwriter best known for directing the dramas Humsafar and Shehr-e-Zaat. He is the son of veteran actor Irfan Khoosat. He rose to prominence during the mid-1990s when he created the sitcom Shashlick, which ran for over three years on PTV.
Khoosat's first television drama as a director was Piya Naam Ka Diya in 2007 in which he acted opposite filmstar Saima Syed Noor, and Irum Akhtar. Sarmad then directed a soap serial named Mujhay Apna Naam O Nishaan Milay. Khoosat's drama, Kalmoohi that he wrote and directed, began airing on PTV in early 2010, also got good reviews. In 2011, he gained significant prominence and acclaim with the drama Pani Jaisa Piyar that aired on Hum TV. It won him the best director award for it on LUX Style Awards. He directed Jal Pari, which was aired on GEO TV. He went on to direct Humsafar for Hum TV, which became an overnight success. His serial Shehr-e-Zaat was popular with women.
He wrote the script for Saqib Malik's production Ajnabee Shehr Mein. He directed episodes for Faseele Jaan Se Aagay and Ashk. In 2016 he completed shooting Main Manto. Khoosat directed the remake of the Pakistani film, Aina (1977) as a telefilm.
Academically, he graduated from Government College University and earned a Masters in Psychology and a gold medal. He was a member of the Debating Society of GCU.
|2011||Pani Jaisa Pyar||Hum TV|
|Mera Yaqeen||Ary Digital|
|2015||Main Manto||Geo TV|
|2016||Mor Mahal||Geo TV|
|2017||Dankay ki Chot||Geo TV|
|2015||Manto||Director/Saadat Hasan Manto|
|2016||Ek Thi Marium||Director|
Dhokay Baaz - Hum TV
- "Shehr-e-Zaat: A spiritual romance". Retrieved November 13, 2012.
- "Latest Interview with Sarmad Khoosat". Telepk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "'TV, today, is truly an idiot box that kills visceral continuity' — Sarmad Khoosat -DAWN Images; October 22, 2006". Archives.dawn.com. 2006-10-22. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Pani Jaisa Pyar Review". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- "International Segment: Humsafar, a journey you wouldn't want to miss". Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- fatima (2011-10-22). "2 cents on Humsafar's Journey so far". OyeDramay. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Humsafar — Mohabbaton ka safar". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- "Humsafar: Here's what the noise is about". Retrieved February 29, 2012.
- Raza, Rahib (2011-02-13). "Festival at LUMS: Learning from others key to reviving film industry – The Express Tribune". Tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
|This Pakistani biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|