|Studio album by|
|Recorded||April 14–15, 1971|
|Studio||Arne Bendiksen Studio, Oslo|
|Jan Garbarek chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Sart is the third album by Norwegian saxophonist Jan Garbarek, his second released on the ECM label, and is performed by Garbarek's quintet featuring Bobo Stenson, Terje Rypdal, Arild Andersen and Jon Christensen.
The Allmusic review by Brian Olewnick awards the album 4 stars and states, "A strong recording and, along with all of the other early ECM Garbarek releases, recommended for fans who came upon him much later in his career".
All compositions by Jan Garbarek except where noted.
- "Sart" – 14:45
- "Fountain of Tears, Parts I & II" – 6:04
- "Song of Space" – 9:39
- "Close Enough for Jazz" (Arild Andersen) – 1:59
- "Irr" – 7:15
- "Lontano" (Terje Rypdal) – 2:10
- Jan Garbarek – tenor saxophone, bass saxophone, flute
- Bobo Stenson – piano, electric piano
- Terje Rypdal – guitar
- Arild Andersen – bass
- Jon Christensen – percussion