Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||तमसो मां ज्योतिगॅमय|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
The Sarvajanik College of Engineering and Technology (SCET) is an engineering college that is a part of the Sarvajanik Education Society.
When SCET opened in 1995, it had departments of Electronics Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Architecture, Textile Technology and Processing. It was the first college to offer engineering degrees in Textiles, which is the major industry of Surat.
In 1997, the college expanded and now has departments of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation & Control and Information Technology. An Environmental Science department has started.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and control engineering
- Textile Technology
- Master of Architecture(M.Arch.) in City Design
- Master of Computer Application (M.C.A.)
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering (Town & Country Planning) )
- Master of Engineering in Civil Engineering (Structure) )
- Master of Engineering in Computer Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Master of Engineering in Environmental Engineering
Affiliations and recognitions
SCET is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University (GTU), earlier it was affiliated to Veer Narmad South Gujarat University.It is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for all engineering courses and by Council of Architecture for B Arch and M Arch.
It was selected by the Department of Science and Technology (India) to set up an environmental based project, Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council, Centre of Relevance & Excellence (TIFAC-CORE) under the mission REACH of the president of India Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam for his vision India Vision 2020. SCET has been identified as Resource Institute by the National Programme on Earthquake Engineering Education (NPEEE) launched by Ministry of Human Resource Development (India) to train teachers of architecture for introducing Earthquake Engineering in West and Central Zone with IIT Kanpur.
-  http://gtu.ac.in/affiliation/2016/Affiliation/BE%20-%20COLLEGES.pdf
-  SCET Official website
-  Website of SCET's Technology Festival, Kshitij
-  www.gtu.ac.in
|This article about a university or college in Gujarat, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|