Sarvam Thaala Mayam
|Sarvam Thaala Mayam|
|Directed by||Rajiv Menon|
|Produced by||Latha Menon|
|Written by||Rajiv Menon|
|Starring||G. V. Prakash Kumar |
|Music by||Original songs:|
A. R. Rahman
A. R. Rahman
|28 December 2018|
|2 hours 15 minites|
Sarvam Thaala Mayam (English: Everything is filled with rhythm) is an upcoming Tamil-language musical drama film written and directed by Rajiv Menon. The film will be released as "Madras Beats" in some English-speaking territories. The film stars G. V. Prakash Kumar and Aparna Balamurali in the lead roles, with a supporting cast including Nedumudi Venu, Vineeth, Santha Dhananjayan and Kumaravel. The film features music composed by A. R. Rahman and cinematography by Ravi Yadav.
- G. V. Prakash Kumar as Peter Johnson
- Aparna Balamurali as Sara
- Nedumudi Venu as Vembu Iyer
- Vineeth as Mani
- Santha Dhananjayan
In March 2016, it was widely reported in the media that Rajiv Menon would begin work on his third directorial venture, after he had taken a sabbatical from the profession following the release of his previous film, Kandukondain Kandukondain (2000). Titled Sarvam Thaala Mayam, G. V. Prakash Kumar was signed on to play the lead role of a percussionist in the film, while A. R. Rahman was selected to compose the film's music. Pre-production work took place in mid-2016, and the team finalised Sai Pallavi to play the female lead role. Other actors including Nedumudi Venu and Cheenu Mohan were also approached to play key roles in the film, but production failed to take off in November 2016 as planned and the project was delayed.
In March 2017, Menon denied that the film was dropped and noted that a promotional photo shoot with Prakash Kumar was imminent. Prakash Kumar revealed that the story was set in two states and was inspired by incidents from the lives of real musicians. During the period, Prakash Kumar also took professional mridangam lessons from percussionist Umayalpuram Sivaraman to equip himself for the character. After further brief delays, the film was officially launched on 29 November 2017 and the shoot began thereafter. Sai Pallavi's unavailability meant that the team replaced her with Aparna Balamurali, after Menon was impressed with her performance in the Malayalam film, Maheshinte Prathikaaram (2016), and called her for a successful audition. An ensemble cast of Nedumudi Venu, Santha Dhananjayan, Vineeth, Kumaravel, Sumesh and Athira was also announced with the launch, while Ravi Yadav and Anthony were confirmed as the film's cinematographer and editor respectively. Actress Dhivyadharshini also later joined the film during the first schedule, which carried on until the end of 2017.
Rahman began composing for the film in early 2016 and by May, it was revealed that two songs had already been completed. As the film was "music-based", Menon required all of the songs to be completed before production began and by November 2016, Rahman had finished nine songs for the film and composed parts of the background score. The film's songs have lyrics written by Madhan Karky, Arunraja Kamaraj and Na. Muthukumar, who worked on the film before his death in August 2016. Rajiv Menon has also composed one track.
|Sarvam Thaala Mayam|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Producer||A. R. Rahman|
|A. R. Rahman, Rajiv Menon (1 song), Thyagaraja (1 song) chronology|
|1.||"Peter Beata Yethu"||Arunraja Kamaraj||G. V. Prakash Kumar, Sathyaprakash, Arjun Chandy|
|2.||"Maya Maya"||Na. Muthukumar||Chinmayi Sripada|
|3.||"Sarvam Thaala Mayam"||Madhan Karky||Haricharan, Arjun Chandy|
|4.||"Varalaama (Composed by Rajiv Menon)"||Madhan Karky||Sriram Parthasarathy|
|5.||"Dingu dongu"||Arunraja Kamaraj||Bamba Bakya, Anthony Daasan|
|6.||"Maakelara Vichaaramu (Composed by Thyagaraja)"||Thiyagaraja||Bombay Jayashree|
- "AR Rahman to compose music for GV Prakash's next". behindwoods.com. 17 March 2016.
- "GV Prakash to play a drummer in Rajiv Menon's film!". sify.com.
- Upadhyaya, Prakash. "Sarvam Thaala Mayam is the title of GV Prakash, Rajiv Menon's film". ibtimes.co.in.
- "GV Prakash-Rajiv Menon movie to kickstart shoot from 15th November". behindwoods.com. 6 October 2016.
- "Clarification on Rajiv Menon-GV Prakash's Sarvam Thaala Mayam". behindwoods.com. 17 March 2017.
- "I feel honoured to be chosen by top directors: GV Prakash". deccanchronicle.com. 7 March 2017.
- "GV Prakash takes professional Mridangam lessons for his Rajiv Menon film". behindwoods.com. 6 March 2017.
- "Aparna Balamurali signs Rajiv Menon's film". cinemaexpress.com.
- "G V Prakash starts shooting for AR Rahman musical Sarvam Thaalamayam". newindianexpress.com.
- "G.V.Prakash-A.R. Rahman movie begins shoot - Full details - Tamil Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com". indiaglitz.com.
- "VJ DhivyaDharshini aka DD to act in Sarvam Thaala Mayam". behindwoods.com. 29 November 2017.
- "AR Rahman completes two songs for Rajeev Menon film". behindwoods.com. 14 May 2016.
- Ians; Ians (9 October 2016). "G.V. Prakash's next is A.R. Rahman musical" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "AR Rahman completes all the nine songs for GV Prakash-Rajiv Menon film!". sify.com.
- "Sarvam Thaala Mayam song the last ever penned by late Na Muthukumar". behindwoods.com. 30 November 2017.