Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena
Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena (September 15, 1927 – September 24, 1983) was a noted Hindi writer, poet, columnist and playwright. He was one of the seven poets who first published in one of the "Tar Saptaks", which ushered in the ‘Prayogvaad’ (Experimentalism) era, which in time evolved to became the "Nayi Kavita" (New Poetry) movement. 
Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena was born on September 15, 1927 in Basti city, in Uttar Pradesh he received his education at Banaras Hindu University, and Allahabad University. Today he is considered an important political poet. He won the Sahitya Akademi Award for his Poetry collection, Khutiyon Par Tange Log ("People Hanging From Pegs"). His short story, Bakri ("Scapegoat"), has been adapted as 'kuri.com', in Kannada, by M.S.Sathyu, has been staged many times over the year, with revised adaptations, starting from the Emergency period (1975–77), when it was used as a political lampoon, it has also been presented as a folk play. His other noted plays are, Lakh Ki Naak, Hawalat  and Bhaun Bhaun Khaun Khaun. Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena even wrote Mukti ki Aakanksha that showed the need of independency during his time. One of his poems has been turned into an animation short, by Siddhartha Pratap Singh, titled Apni Bitiya Ke Liye Ek Kavita.  he also wrote 'Sham Ek Kishan'
- New Poetry in Hindi by Lucy Rosenstein, Wimbledon Publishing Company, 2004. ISBN 978-1-84331-125-6.
- Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena-Profile and Works www.anubhuti-hindi.org.
- Four Hindi Poets Journal article by Shrikant Verma; World Literature Today, Vol. 68, 1994.
- Scapegoat Kuri in Kannada mean goat, The Times of India, Dec 12, 2001
- Nautanki from Kanpur, World Theatre Day The Indian Express, March 14. 2006,
- "Lakh Ki Naak" The Hindu, June 30, 2006.
- Natrang stages 'Hawalat', Jammu Daily Excelsior, July 24, 2005.
- Kalamandira, Mysore The Hindu, Dec 04, 2004.
- Sadho Poetry Film Fest The Hindu , Oct 13, 2007.
- People Hanging From Pegs by Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena, Tr. Kedar Nath Komal, 1991, Sahitya Akademi, ISBN 81-7201-850-9.
- New Poetry in Hindi: Nayi Kavita in Hindi: An Anthology, translated by Lucy Rosenstein, Wimbledon Publishing Company, 2004. ISBN 9781843311256.
- Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena at Kavita Kosh (Hindi)
- Apni Bitiya Ke Liye Ek Kavita - A poetry film by Sidharth Pratap Singh on YouTube