(Redirected from Saryk)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Other tribes of Turkmen people include Salyr (Salor), a tribe that declined as a result of military defeat before the modern period, and several smaller tribes and subtribes.
- The Tekke Turkomans practised agriculture in the Akhal oasis on the north slope of the Kopet Dagh. See Battle of Geok Tepe (1879).
- The Yormuds were attacked by General Konstantin von Kaufman following the Russian Empire invasion of Khiva in 1873.
- Peyrouse, Sebastien (2015-02-12). Turkmenistan: Strategies of Power, Dilemmas of Development. Routledge. p. 52. ISBN 9781317453260.
- Edgar, Adrienne Lynn (2006-09-05). Tribal Nation: The Making of Soviet Turkmenistan. Princeton University Press. p. 21. ISBN 9781400844296.
- Adle, Chahryar (2005-01-01). History of Civilizations of Central Asia: Towards the contemporary period : from the mid-nineteenth to the end of the twentieth century. UNESCO. p. 47. ISBN 9789231039850.
- Akyildiz, Sevket; Carlson, Richard (2013-10-15). Social and Cultural Change in Central Asia: The Soviet Legacy. Routledge. p. 165. ISBN 9781134495139.
- Asiatische Studien: Études asiatiques. A. Francke. 2006. p. 459.
Approximately six weeks after securing the capital of Khorezm and most of its territory, von Kaufman ordered General Golovachev to annihilate the Turkmen Yomut tribe in one of the most brutal expeditions of the Khivan campaign.