Sasabaru Station in 2016
|Location||17, Ijiri 3-chōme, Minami, Fukuoka, Fukuoka|
|Operated by||JR Kyushu|
|Line(s)||■ Kagoshima Main Line,|
|Distance||83.3 km from Mojikō|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Structure type||At grade|
|Opened||9 March 1987|
|Passengers (FY2016)||4,967 daily|
|Rank||39th (among JR Kyushu stations)|
The station consists of two side platforms serving two tracks.
|Kagoshima Main Line|
The station was opened by Japanese National Railways (JNR) on 3 March 1987 as a temporary stop on the existing Kagoshima Main Line track. Shortly thereafter, with the privatization of JNR on 1 April 1987, JR Kyushu took over control and upgraded it to a full station.
In fiscal 2016, the station was used by an average of 4,967 passengers daily (boarding passengers only), and it ranked 39th among the busiest stations of JR Kyushu.
- "JR Kyushu Route Map" (PDF). JR Kyushu. Retrieved 23 February 2018.
- Kawashima, Ryōzō (2013). 図説: 日本の鉄道 四国・九州ライン 全線・全駅・全配線・第4巻 福岡エリア [Japan Railways Illustrated. Shikoku and Kyushu. All lines, all stations, all track layouts. Volume 4 Fukuoka Area] (in Japanese). Kodansha. p. 15, 66. ISBN 9784062951630.
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). I. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 218. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- Ishino, Tetsu et al. (eds.) (1998). 停車場変遷大事典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR] (in Japanese). II. Tokyo: JTB Corporation. p. 679. ISBN 4533029809.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- "駅別乗車人員上位300駅（平成28年度）" [Passengers embarking by station - Top 300 stations (Fiscal 2016)] (PDF). JR Kyushu. 31 July 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasabaru Station.|
|This Fukuoka Prefecture railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|