Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project
This article possibly contains original research. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Sasan Ultra Mega Power Station|
Location of the Sasan Ultra Mega Power Station in Madhya Pradesh, India
|Location||Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh|
|Commission date||March 2015|
|Thermal power station|
|Units operational||6 × 660 MW|
|Nameplate capacity||3,960 MW|
Sasan Ultra Mega Power Plant or Sasan UMPP is one of the four Ultra Mega Power Projects planned by the Ministry of Power, Government of India. It is located in Sasan village of Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh. It is the world's largest integrated power generation and coal mine project with 3960 MW power plant and 20 MT per year coal mining capacity. It is the fourth largest operational power plant in India after NTPC Vindhyanchal, Adani Power's Mundra and Tata Power's Mundra UMPP. The plant is operated by Sasan Power Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Power which was incorporated in February 2006.
Following is the unit wise capacity of the 3,960 MW plant. There are 6 units of 660 MW each.
|Stage||Unit Number||Installed Capacity (MW)||Date of Commissioning||Status|
|Stage I||1||660||2013 March||Running|
|Stage I||2||660||2013 December||Running |
|Stage I||3||660||2014 March||Running |
|Stage I||4||660||2014 May||Running |
|Stage I||5||660||2014 Aug||Running|
|Stage I||6||660||26 Mar 2015||Running|
- The plant achieved the highest PLF of 90% in 2015-16 in first year of its full operation.
- The Plant achieved 95% Plant Load Factor in 2018-19 highest among thermal power plants in India.
- "Reliance Power starts generation from Sasan UMPP second unit". Livemint.com. Retrieved 2014-03-19.
- "Reliance Power commissions third unit of Sasan UMPP". Business Standard. 24 March 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Reliance Power commissions fourth 660 MW unit of Sasan UMPP". Business Standard. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Reliance Power commissions 5th unit of its Sasan UMPP". The Economic Times. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Reliance Power's Sasan UMPP fully commissioned". The Economic Times. 30 March 2015. Retrieved 30 May 2018.