||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Gerstner in 2012
2 April 1977 |
|Genres||Power metal, speed metal, heavy metal, rock|
|Instruments||Guitar, vocals, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Freedom Call, Helloween|
Sascha Gerstner (born 2 April 1977) is a German musician and songwriter, best known as one of the guitarists and backing vocalists of power metal band Helloween since 2003. He is also a former member of Freedom Call.
Gerstner grew up in Nuremberg, Germany. He started playing keyboards at the age of six and switched to playing guitar when he was thirteen. His main musical influences were the Michael Schenker Group, Toto, Peter Gabriel, Chicago Chicago and Journey. At the age of seventeen, he started working as a studio guitarist in Nuremberg.
In 1996, Gerstner joined the cover band scene in South Germany, where he met his former band mates from Freedom Call. He joined Freedom Call in 1998, with whom he recorded two albums and did three big tours in Europe before leaving in 2001.
After leaving Freedom Call, Gerstner co-founded a recording studio and worked as a producer and songwriter for other young artists until Helloween producer Charlie Bauerfeind contacted him and introduced him to guitarist Michael Weikath. In 2003, Gerstner joined Helloween.
- Rabbit Don't Come Easy (2003)
- Keeper of the Seven Keys: The Legacy (2005)
- Keeper of the Seven Keys – The Legacy World Tour 2005/2006
- Gambling with the Devil (2007)
- Unarmed – Best of 25th Anniversary (2009)
- 7 Sinners (2010)
- Straight Out of Hell (2013)
- My God-Given Right (2015)
- TBA (2016)
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2007). Metal: The Definitive Guide : Heavy, NWOBH, Progressive, Thrash, Death, Black, Gothic, Doom, Nu. Jawbone Press. p. 343. ISBN 9781906002015. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
|This article about a German guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|