Agha at the 59th Filmfare Awards 2013
|Born||Zara Agha Khan
1 January 1992
London, England, UK
|Parent(s)||Rehmat Khan (father)
Salma Agha (mother)
|Relatives||See Agha–Khan family|
Sasha Agha (born Zara Agha Khan; on 1 January 1992) is a Pakistani British actress and singer who appears in Hindi films. Born to Agha–Khan family, She made her screen debut with a leading role in the 2013 Aditya Chopra romantic thriller Aurangzeb, a box office flop where Agha's performance was panned.
Agha is the daughter of Pakistani squash player Rehmat Khan and Indo-Pak origin singer Salma Agha and the granddaughter of Nasrullah Khan. Her parents divorced each other when she was six or seven years old. She has one younger brother, Liaqat Ali Khan who is a gold medalist in badminton, one half-brother Tariq Khan, and two half-sisters Suraiya Khan and Natasha Khan (better known as Bat for Lashes, a British singer-songwriter). Her grandfather Jugal Kishore Mehra, great grandmother Zarina Ghaznavi, aunt Shaheena Ghaznavi, great grandfather Rafiq Ghaznavi and great grandmother Anwari Begum were all actors and Squash players Jahangir Khan and Torsam Khan are her paternal uncles and singers Sajid–Wajid are her maternal uncles. She is the grandniece of squash players Roshan Khan and Azam Khan, second niece of Sharif Khan and Aziz Khan, third cousin of Carla Khan and distant relative of actors Karisma Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor.
Agha lived in London until the age of 7, when she moved to India with her family. She studied at Jankidevi Public School in Mumbai till 6th grade. After that, the family lived in New Jersey, United States, till Agha completed 10th grade. From the ages of 16 to 18, Agha lived in Dubai and studied at the Dubai American Scientific School.
Agha made her film debut in Yash Raj's romantic thriller Aurangzeb opposite Arjun Kapoor and Prithviraj Sukumaran. The film revolves around the twin brothers who find themselves caught in a quagmire of sex and lies. The Times of India wrote about Agha's performance, "Sasha is petite, pug-nosed and has a nice figure. But her portrayal of the golden-hearted whore, like the one Parveen Babi played in Deewaar, is insipid."
Agha next appeared in Anand Kumar's 2014 romantic thriller Desi Kattey alongside Suniel Shetty, Jay Bhanushali, and Tia Bajpai. She portrayed a physiotherapist Paridhi Rathore. The film received negative reviews, with Agha described as "nothing more than arm candy".
Agha's main vocal influence was her mother, who she said was "passionate about singing", and helped develop her interest in singing. She used her vocal talent early in her school life. Her first recording, the song "Barbaadiyaan" along with Ram Sampath in the 2013 film Aurangzeb. The song received mixed reviews from critics, and was a commercial success in India.
In the media
|2013||Aurangzeb||Ritu||Debut Bollywood Film
Also playback singer for song "Barbaadiyaan" with Ram Sampath
|2014||Desi Kattey||Paridhi Rathore|
|2015||Ek Nikkah Aur||TBA||Pre-production|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasha Agha.|
- "Interview for Harper's Bazaar". Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Agha, Sasha (16 June 2013). "1st jan 1992". Twitter. Retrieved 8 March 2014.
- "Twitter". 12 May 2013. Retrieved 2014-12-21.
- Aurangzeb movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India. Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- Seema Sinha, TNN Sep 4, 2012, 10.05AM IST (4 September 2012). "Salma Agha’s daughter Sasha bags Yashraj’s film". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Sashaa Agha Biography, Sashaa Agha Profile. Dhantenan.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- DailyTube – Sashaa Agha – Wiki Article. Dailytube4u.com (29 July 2013). Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Kareena Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor to root for cousin Sasha Agha's Aurangzeb". Daily Bhaskar.
- Radhakrishnan, Manjusha (13 May 2013). "Dubai girl Sasheh Aagha makes Bollywood debut". Gulf News.
- PHOTOS: Arjun Kapoor romances debutante Sasha Agha in Aurangzeb Photo Gallery, Picture News Gallery – The Indian Express. Archive.indianexpress.com. Retrieved on 29 March 2014.
- "Sasha Agha makes Arjun Kapoor jittery during lovemaking scene". NDTV. 29 November 2012.
- Hebbar, Prajakta (26 September 2014). "'Desi Kattey' review: The film is sordid and a painfully long affair". IBNLive.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Bollywood releases this week". Hindustan Times. 25 September 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "FHM India's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2013: The full list!". Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Template:Cite news=