Sasha (Oleksandra) Putrya was born and lived in the region of Poltava, Ukraine. Having started painting at the age of 3, by the time of her death at age 11 she had created around 2,276 paintings and drawings, many of which are collected within 46 albums and are on display in a museum in Poltava, Ukraine.
She had an intense interest in India, though she had never been there—she loved the country, its music, clothes, and customs, and even dreamed of marrying an Indian Movie Star. She was buried, dressed in Indian saris, in 1989.
Notes and references
- "N. Yaroshenko Art Museum". Retrieved April 14, 2011.
- http://www.lovemity.narod.ru/risunki.html Some images of her artwork
- http://welcome-to-poltava.com.ua/read/sasha_putrya Article about her work and awards
- http://news.mediaport.info/culture/2007/41816.shtml Article about an exhibition of her work (Russian)
- http://www.graphite.net.ua/catalog/det.php3?id=508&lang=2&c=2 Film about Sasha Putrya (Ukrainian)
|This article about a Ukrainian painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|