Shavrov in 2009
|Birth name||Dmitrij Šavrov|
|Also known as|
|Born||18 September 1983|
|Associated acts||Dima Bilan|
Dmitry Shavrov (Russian: Дмитрий Шавров, Lithuanian: Dmitrij Šavrov; born 18 September 1983), better known by his stage names Sasha Song or Sasha Son, is a Lithuanian singer and songwriter. He represented Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009. His stage name Sasha Son means "Sasha Dream" in Russian, with Sasha being a Russian diminutive form of the name Alexander.
At 12 years old, Dima Šavrovas was debuted in the music scene of Lithuania. He is a Russian-Lithuanian. His major hit to date is Mama. He currently is the youngest person to have won the "Bravo" music award for the song of the year with his song Mama. At the age of 15 he moved to the United Kingdom; he completed secondary education there and acquired musical education.
He represented Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in the second Semi-Final and advanced to the Final where he finished in 23rd place. Dmitry has earlier worked with Eurovision Song Contest 2008 winner Dima Bilan. At Eurovision pre-selection final he received full points from all the juries. He participated again in Lithuania's national selection for Eurovision 2010 along with Nora with the song "Say Yes to Life."
- "Problemos dėl sceninio vardo: Sasha Son ar Sasha Song? (FOTO)". Klubas.lt. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Floras, Stella (14 February 2009). "Lithuania has chosen for Eurovision 2009". esctoday.com. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- "Lithuanian trophy goes to Sasha Son | News | Eurovision Song Contest - Malmö 2013". Eurovision.tv. 2009-02-14. Retrieved 2012-10-07.
- Floras, Stella (31 January 2008). "The Sasha son interview". Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Klier, Marcus (2010-02-13). "Tonight: First semi final in Lithuania". ESCToday. Retrieved 4 March 2010.
|Awards and achievements|
with "Nomads in the Night"
| Lithuania in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "East European Funk"