Sasha and Sirozha
Sasha and Sirozha
|Genres||comedy, musical theatre|
|Labels||Moon Records Ukraine, Vigma|
|Associated acts||Lyapis Trubetskoy, Drezden|
Sasha and Sirozha (Belarusian: Саша i Сірожа, Russian: Саша и Сирожа) was a Belarusian multimedial comical duo formed by musician Siarhei Mikhalok and artist Aliaksei Hatskevich. Later their team included Matvey Saburov (Матвей Сабуров) for technical support. Their activities are broad in nature and include TV series, radio series, comics, and music albums. In 2008 Mikhalok put the project on hold, to focus on working in the rock group Lyapis Trubetskoy.
Miklalok described the origins of the project as follows. "Some time ago we drew comic strips with characters who were two real Belarusian guys, Sasha and Sirozha, and they could be described as being in transition between country hicks and city bums. They are versed in music, know rap and metal, can discourse on many serious issues of modern times. The friends roam Minsk and end up in various comical accidents". Representatives of the First Musical Channel noticed these and suggested to bring them to film, which led to their first TV series, Kalykhanka ("Lullaby"). 
Since 2000 Kalykhanka was produced by the Belarusian First Musical TV Channel, since 2004 it was produced by TV channel M1, Kiev, Ukraine. In 2006 it was ranked third in nomination "TV Series" for the prize "Teletriumph" by the Ukrainian National Council on TV and Radio.
- Д.П. (2008). "«САША И СИРОЖА»". Энцыклапедыя беларускай папулярнай музыкі (2000 экз ed.). Мінск: Zmicier Kołas. уклад. Дз. Падбярэзскі і інш. p. 269. ISBN 978-985-6783-42-8.CS1 maint: date and year (link)
- Саша и Сирожа (retrieved May 16, 2015)
- "Саша и Сирожа: Многие говорят, что мы обкуриваемся перед эфиром"(retrieved May 16, 2015)
- Саша и Сирожа возвращаются на Беларусь, Muzykalnaya Gazeta (retrieved May 16, 2015)
- ""Калыханка" от Саши и Сирожи получила украинскую телепремию". 4 September 2006.