Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University
|Address||Sasa Patasala Building Soi Chula 12, Phyathai Road Bangkok 10330 Thailand, Bangkok, Thailand|
Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration of Chulalongkorn University is an AACSB and EQUIS accredited business school founded in 1982 through a collaboration among Chulalongkorn University and the Kellogg School of Management and the Wharton Business School. Sasin became the first school in Thailand to receive AACSB accreditation in 2010 and the first to receive EQUIS EFMD accreditation in 2011.
Meaning of name
King Bhumibol Adulyadej bestowed the name on the Graduate Institute of Business Administration on his 60th birthday, 5 December 1987. The name comes from two Sanskrit words: "sasa" and "indra". Sasa, meaning "rabbit" represents the king's birth year in the Thai 12-year astrological cycle. Indra means "chief." Thus "Sasin" literally means "king of the rabbits."
Sasin pioneered the use of visiting professors complemented by full-time Sasin faculty and other experts in Southeast Asia.
Sasin programs, conducted in English, include:
- Master of Business Administration, (MBA)
- Master of Management, MM (Executive MBA)
- MBA, Master's of Engineering (Sasin Chula Engineering dual master's degree program)
- Sasin doctoral program (PhD) in marketing, finance
- Executive Education Programs (Exec Ed) and the Senior Executive Program (SEP)
- Sasin Business English Program
The Director (Dean) of Sasin is Professor Dipak C. Jain, PhD. Professor Jain was named Director of Sasin on 7 June 2014.
The founder of Sasin is Professor Toemsakdi Krishnamra, who served as director (dean) from 1982-2014. He also served as president of Association of Asia-Pacific Business Schools in 2009.
Sasin's full-time faculty members hold doctoral degrees from internationally recognized universities such as Carnegie Mellon University, University of Cambridge, Imperial College, Kellogg School of Management (Northwestern), London School of Business (currently, London Business School), University of Oxford, University of Southern California, and University of Michigan.
Sasin has produced a number of business leaders, including:
- Kittiratt Na-Ranong, former Deputy Director of Sasin, former Minister of Commerce, former Deputy Prime Minister of Thailand
- Sudarat Keyuraphan, Chairperson of The Lumbini Development Project
- Thitinan Wattanavekin, Head of Wealth Management, Kiatnakin Bank Public Co., Ltd.
- Douglas Clayton, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Leopard Capital
- Chaiwat Utaiwan, Managing Director of Bangkok Metro Public Co., Ltd.
Sasin Japan Center (SJC)
Sasin Japan Center (SJC) offers business management consulting for Japanese companies in Thailand. It also offers management training, management seminars, and market research.
SJC has three domains:
- research, working with Japanese top universities,
- education, providing Japanese executives with comprehensive management education program in collaboration with Sasin Executive Education Center and Japan Management Association (JMA),
- consulting, solving business challenges with Sasin Management Consulting and Japan Management Association Consulting (JMAC).
- Profile, Business Profile. "Proof of Graduation".