Holiday Park, Saskatoon
Municipal Heritage Properties Bowerman House
|Suburban Development Area||Confederation SDA|
|• Type||Municipal (Ward 2)|
|• Administrative body||Saskatoon City Council|
|• Average Income||$44,889|
|Time zone||UTC (UTC−6)|
|City of Saskatoon Neighbourhoods|
Holiday Park is a neighborhood in south-central Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Located within Saskatoon's Ward 2, Councillor Pat Lorje represents the area's interests at City Hall. Holiday Park has an official neighborhood association which sets out leisure activities, and provides community members a forum to discuss community issues such as neighborhood watch, block parent programs, etc. This neighborhood is surrounded by a plethora of amenities. To the south is Holiday Park golf course commanding a Championship 18 hole and executive 9 hole course. It is used year round providing Snow golf and well groomed cross country ski trails in the winter months. To the north is the Riversdale Tennis Club and Riversdale pool an outdoor swimming pool with water slide features. To the west is the Gordie Howe Management Area with Gordie Howe Bowl, Baseball Diamonds, Speed Skating Oval. Along the east the Meewasin Valley Authority provides walking and biking trails along the South Saskatchewan River. Canoists, water skiers, and kayakers have a wonderful time enjoying the convenience of the Saskatchewan River. Holiday Park's population is 1,400. According to MLS data, the average sale price of a home as of 2013 was $194,081.
June 27, 1962 was the officially opening of the Holiday Park Golf Course.
|Saskatoon French School|
|1441 Wellington Street
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 6G1
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools (Associate School)|
|Vice principal||Curtis Pek|
|Grades||Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Language||English, French Immersion|
|Feeder to||E. D. Feehan High School|
|Website||Saskatoon French School|
|St. John Community School|
|1205 Avenue N South
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7M 2R1
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Vice principal||Colette Bischoff|
|Grades||Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 8|
|Feeder to||E. D. Feehan High School|
|Website||St. John School|
- Saskatoon French School / l'École Française de Saskatoon - elementary, associate school with Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
- St. John Community School - separate (Catholic) elementary, part of Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools
- Boughton Park 6.07 acres (24,600 m2)
- Holiday Park 8.62 acres (34,900 m2)
- Victoria Park 4.98 acres (20,200 m2)
Holiday Park is serviced by Saskatoon Transit bus route #9.
The northern boundary extends no further than 11th Street, and the southern edge overlooks the scenic vista of the Holiday Park Golf Course. Avenue P South through to the South Saskatchewan River are the western and eastern boundaries respectively. The roads are laid out in a grid fashion, the streets south of 11th Street are named: Dudley, Shuyler, and Wellington Streets, followed by Embassy Drive. The avenues are labelled alphabetically with the alphabet. Spadina Crescent cruises along the South Saskatchewan River and incrementing westward through the alphabet. A key three-way intersection at 11th Street, Avenue H and Spadina Crescent has been closed for several years to allow for expansion of a water treatment plant, forcing southbound motorists to cut-through Holiday Park in order to access and egress Spadina.
There is local shopping available at the convenience stores located at Avenue L South and 11th Street such as a Lew's Grocers, and White's Pharmacy, as well the 11th Street arterial district begins at Avenue P South.
- Resources 2000 election (PDF), archived from the original (PDF) on April 25, 2005, retrieved 2007-04-23
- "Holiday Park". Saskatoon Realty. Retrieved 2014-01-08.
- TTuberculosis in Saskatchewan Sunshine, bed rest and good food were ... URL accessed February 27, 2007
- `Provincial Sanitorium, Saskatchewan Vintage Post Cards, Sask Gen Web Project URL accessed February 27, 2007
- Saskatoon Heritage Society - Designated Buildings - Bowerman House URL accessed February 27, 2007
- Saskatoon Heritage Society - BOWERMAN HOUSE URL accessed February 27, 2007
- Our History (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- Active List of Saskatchewan Schools/Programs (PDF), retrieved 2015-07-01
- "Saskatoon French School". Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- "St. John Community School". Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. Retrieved 2015-07-04.
- Selling an Idea or a Product URL accessed January 27, 2007
- Local Area Planning
- Saskatoon Neighborhoods Word Search Puzzle
- City of Saskatoon City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Community
- Populace Spring 2006
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Holiday Park, Saskatoon .|
|South West Industrial||South Saskatchewan River / Buena Vista|
|Gordie Howe Management Area|