This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Public (BSE: 532663; NSE: SASKEN)|
|Industry||Product Engineering, Digital Transformation Semiconductor, Automotive, Enterprise grade Devices, Smart Devices and Wearables, Industrials, Satcom, Telecom|
|Rajiv C Mody, Chairman|
|Services||Product Engineering and Digital Transformation|
|Revenue||~Rs 483.17 Crores (FY 15-16)|
|~Rs 206.29 Crores (FY 15-16)|
Number of employees
|2200(approx) (as of March 2016)|
Sasken Technologies Limited (formerly, Sasken Communication Technologies Limited) is a publicly traded (Stock) company based in Bangalore, India, and provides Product Engineering and Digital Transformation services to global customers in industries such as Semiconductors, Automotive, Enterprise grade Devices, Smart Devices and Wearables, Industrials, Retail, Satcom, and Telecom. In December 2017, Sasken was rated in the Leadership Zone for the Semiconductor and Telecommunication categories in the Zinnov Zones - 2017 Product Engineering Services.
Sasken Communication began as the brainchild of Rajiv C Mody, its chairman and CEO, and 3 other co-founders, Krishna Jhaveri, Suresh Dholakia, and Badru Agarwala. Sasken came into being as Silicon Automation Systems (SAS) in 1989 in a small warehouse in Fremont, California. Later, the company changed its name to Sasken Communication Technologies Limited in order to cater to the growing opportunities in the telecommunication space around the world. The name 'Sasken' is an amalgamation of its original name (SAS) and the Scottish word for knowledge, 'ken'.
In February 2017, Sasken announced that it had changed its name to Sasken Technologies Limited to serve customers in businesses ranging from automotive, smart devices and wearables, industrials, enterprises, satellite, and retail.
- ATM forum
- DSL forum
- SDR forum
- WiMAX forum
- Symbian Foundation
- Open Handset Alliance
- NFC Forum
Sasken employs 2200+ people, operating from development centers in Bengaluru, Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad (India), Kaustinen and Tampere (Finland), and Beijing, Shanghai (China). Sasken also has a presence across Germany, Japan, UK, and USA.
- Sasken Network Engineering Limited (SNEL), a wholly owned subsidiary of Sasken, was created when the company acquired the operations of Blue Broadband Technologies.
- Sasken acquired iSoftTech Private Limited, Chennai in June 2006.
- In September 2006, Sasken also acquired a Finnish company named Botnia Hightech Oy. It is now known as Sasken Finland Oy.
- On 24 January 07 Sasken has entered into a Joint Venture with Tata Autocomp, The JV will be known as TACO Sasken Automotive Electronics Pvt Ltd (TSAE)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sasken Technologies.|
- Sasken Finland
- ConnectM - Sasken-IDG JV
- Sasken at Intel Capital
- Sasken acquires iSoftTech for $1.5m
- Sasken acquires Finnish firm
- Sasken, IDG Ventures float $6 million JV