Saskia de Brauw
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saskia de Brauw (born 19 April 1981) is a Dutch artist and model.
After an early start in the fashion world, de Brauw left modelling at 16 to pursue her interest in art, studying the subject at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in her home town of Amsterdam. She returned to modeling at age 29 and was featured on two Vogue covers in the same month. Photographed by Mert and Marcus for Carine Roitfeld's final cover of Vogue Paris – March 2011, and the same month featuring on the cover of Vogue Italia as photographed by Steven Meisel.
She has appeared in editorials for Italian, American, French, British, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, W, i-D, LOVE, V, Numéro, Dazed, and Interview. She has appeared on the covers of Italian, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, and Korean Vogue, Dutch Elle, Numéro, V, i-D, and Dazed.
She has walked the runways for Lanvin, Céline, Marc Jacobs, Bottega Veneta, Versace, Thierry Mugler, Prada, Giles Deacon, Hugo Boss, Balmain, Jean Paul Gaultier, Stella McCartney, Donna Karan, Fendi, Emilio Pucci, Jason Wu, Diane Von Furstenberg, Altuzarra, Givenchy, Max Mara, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Isabel Marant, Yves Saint Laurent, Loewe, Sonia Rykiel, Armani Privé, Hermés, Balenciaga, Rick Owens, Tom Ford, Roberto Cavalli, Anna Sui, Derek Lam, Dolce & Gabbana, Narciso Rodriguez, and Miu Miu.
De Brauw has appeared in advertising campaigns for Moschino, Chanel, Giorgio Armani, Loewe, Max Mara, Calvin Klein, Fendi, Prada, Lanvin, Karl Lagerfeld, Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Moncler, Zara, Missoni, Louis Vuitton, DSquared2, Paul Smith, Bottega Veneta, Versace, H&M, Fossil, Bergdorf Goodman, and Barneys New York.
In 2013, she appeared alongside Andrej Pejic, Tilda Swinton, Iselin Steiro and David Bowie for Bowie's 2013 single "The Stars (Are Out Tonight)" as one of the "stars". In the credits, she is listed as "Celebrity 2".
Saskia de Brauw is represented by Paparrazi Model Management in Amsterdam. She is also represented by VIVA Paris, VIVA London, DNA Model Management in New York and Why Not Model Agency in Milan.
As of August 2013, De Brauw is ranked No. 2 on models.com's "Top 50 Models" list, behind Joan Smalls.
In her art De Brauw explores the relationship between the physical body and its surroundings. Her work encompasses both photography and installation, as well as written verse and prose.
- "Saskia :: Newfaces – Models.com's Model of the Week and Daily Duo". Models.com. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Vogue Mars 2011 | Vogue". Vogue.fr. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Dazzling". Vogue.it. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Saskia de Brauw – Model Profile – Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "David Bowie Official Site". DavidBowie.com. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Viewmodel". Paparazzi Models. 5 July 2004. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
-  Archived 1 February 2010 at the Wayback Machine.
- "DNA Models". Dnamodels.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Saskia de Brauw". Saskiadebrauw.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.