Saskia de Brauw
Saskia de Brauw (born 19 April 1981) is a Dutch artist and model.
After an early start in the fashion world, de Brauw left modelling at 16 to pursue her interest in art, studying the subject at the Gerrit Rietveld Academie in her home town of Amsterdam. She returned to modeling at age 29 and was featured on two Vogue covers in the same month. Photographed by Mert and Marcus for Carine Roitfeld's final cover of Vogue Paris – March 2011, and the same month featuring on the cover of Vogue Italia as photographed by Steven Meisel.
De Brauw featured alongside Mariacarla Boscono and Daphne Groeneveld in the Spring/Summer 2011 Givenchy campaign, in the Fall/Winter 2011 Versace campaign, in MaxMara and Chanel's Spring/Summer 2012 and Fall/Winter 2012 campaigns, as well as the Fall/Winter Loewe campaign, whilst also featuring in the Fendi, Prada, Giorgio Armani and Lanvin Spring 2013 campaigns.
In 2013, she appeared alongside Andrej Pejic, Tilda Swinton, Iselin Steiro and David Bowie for Bowie's 2013 single The Stars (Are Out Tonight) as one of the "stars". In the credits, she is listed as "Celebrity 2".
Saskia de Brauw is represented by Paparrazi Model Management in Amsterdam. She is also represented by VIVA Paris, VIVA London, DNA Model Management in New York and Why Not Model Agency in Milan.
As of August 2013, De Brauw is ranked No. 2 on models.com's "Top 50 Models" list, behind Joan Smalls.
In her art De Brauw explores the relationship between the physical body and its surroundings. Her work encompasses both photography and installation, as well as written verse and prose.
- "Saskia :: Newfaces – Models.com's Model of the Week and Daily Duo". Models.com. 7 July 2010. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Vogue Mars 2011 | Vogue". Vogue.fr. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Dazzling". Vogue.it. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Saskia de Brauw – Model Profile – Photos & latest news". Models.com. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Saskia De Brauw \ The New Face Of Givenchy | Another | Reader". Anothermag.com. 4 January 2011. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "David Bowie Official Site". DavidBowie.com. Retrieved 28 March 2013.
- "Viewmodel". Paparazzi Models. 5 July 2004. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- [dead link]
- "DNA Models". Dnamodels.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Saskia de Brauw". Saskiadebrauw.com. Retrieved 19 January 2015.