Sasna Tsrer Pan-Armenian Party
|Founded||September 29, 2018|
|Political position||Right-wing to far-right|
0 / 132
Sasna Tsrer (Armenian: Սասնա Ծռեր Sasna Tsřer) is an Armenian national conservative political party that was founded in September 2018 in the wake of the country's Velvet Revolution. Sasna Tsrer was previously a radical opposition to pro-Russian regime under rule of Serzh Sargsyan and his Republican Party of Armenia, whose activities culminated in the 2016 Yerevan hostage crisis. The party later renounced violence. Jirair Sefilian, a veteran of the Nagorno-Karabakh war, is one of the party's key figures. The party intends to set up a sister party in the Republic of Artsakh. Sasna Tsrer participated in the 2018 parliamentary elections, but received only 1.82% of the votes. As this was lower than the 5% minimum threshold required, the party failed to gain any representation in the National Assembly.
At times, Sasna Tser has been portrayed as extremist nationalists. De-facto party leader Jirair Sefilyan supports the creation of a United Armenia. They explicitly call for unification of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) with Armenia. Sasna Tser staunchly opposed Armenia's former ruling party, the Republican Party. The strategic goal of the party is to unite Armenians in Armenia and abroad, ensure the sustainability of the Armenian nation and it's global influence.
The parties foreign policy is strongly anti-Russian, with its manifesto calling for the “liberation of Armenia from Russian colonial rule” and the withdrawal from Russian-led organizations including the Eurasian Economic Union, the Collective Security Treaty Organisation and the CIS. The party calls for the immediate withdrawal of Russian soldiers from Armenia and the closure of the Russian 102nd Military Base in Gyumri.
- New Dynamics Injected into Armenia’s Political Scene
- "Jirair Sefilyan: "Sasna Dzrer Political Party Will be Cornerstone of the New Armenia" - Hetq - News, Articles, Investigations". Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "Yerevan: Sasna Tsrer Movement Morphs Into Political Party - Hetq - News, Articles, Investigations". Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "Sasna Tsrer establishing party in Karabakh". news.am. Retrieved 2018-10-26.
- "Eleven Political Parties Register For Armenia's Parliamentary Elections". RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- Elliott, Raffi (19 November 2018). "Is Armenia Really Post-Ideological?". Armenian Weekly.
- Sukiasyan, Luiza (17 November 2018). ""Արցախը միավորել ՀՀ-ին". "Սասնա ծռեր" կուսակցությունը կգործի նաեւ Արցախում" (in Armenian).
- Azadian, Edmond Y. (2018-10-04). "New Dynamics Injected into Armenia's Political Scene - The Armenian Mirror-Spectator". The Armenian Mirror-Spectator. Retrieved 2018-10-09.
- "General Policies". Sasna Tsrer. 23 July 2019.
- "Declaration". Sasna Tsrer. 23 July 2019.
- "Program". Sasna Tsrer. 23 July 2019.