Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikad|
|Produced by||Castle Productions|
K. P. A. C. Lalitha
Karamana Janardanan Nair
|Edited by||K. Rajagopal|
|Distributed by||Century Films|
Sasneham... (Malayalam: സസ്നേഹം..., translation: With Love) is a 1990 Malayalam language family film written by Lohithadas and directed by Sathyan Anthikad. It stars Balachandra Menon, Shobana, Innocent, Sukumari, Meena, Oduvil Unnikrishnan, Mamukkoya, Karamana Janardanan Nair and Paravoor Bharathan.
Johnson composed the music for the film with lyrics by P. K. Gopi. G. Venugopal won the Kerala State Film Award for Best Singer for the song "Thaane Poovitta Moham". The film was remade in Tamil as Manasu Rendum Pudhusu.
Thomaskutty, who hails from a conservative Christian family, gets married to a typical Tamil Brahmin girl, Saraswathy. They are left alone by their respective families for this reason. But both the families unite when a baby girl is born to the couples. Meenakshi Ammal, a bold and stubborn woman and Saraswathy's aunt tries to get possession of Sachu's child and wants the child to be brought in their household. On the other hand, The Christian relatives attempt to brainwash Thomaskutty. Though Saraswathy and Thomaskutty are separated by misfortune, circumstances that encircle their lives bring them together again. They decide to live their lives in harmony without the interference of religion.
- Balachandra Menon as Thomas Kurian aka Thomaskutty
- Shobana as Saraswathy
- Innocent as Eenashu, Thomaskutty's brother-in-law
- Sukumari as Meenakshy Ammal, Saraswathy's aunt
- Meenakumari as Ammachi, Thomaskutty's mother
- Oduvil Unnikrishnan as Srinivasa Iyer, Saraswathy's uncle
- K. P. A. C. Lalitha as Rosie, Thomaskutty's sister
- Mamukkoya as Appukkuttan, the cook
- Karamana Janardanan Nair as Thamaraserry Kuriachan, Thomaskutty's father
- Paravoor Bharathan as Narayana Iyer, Saraswathy's father
- Sankaradi as Padmanabhan Nair, the houseowner
- Kozhikode Santha Devi, the principal
- Thesni Khan, the nurse
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|