|This article is missing information about the film's reception. (January 2015)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Directed by||Gilberto Martínez Solares|
|Produced by||Jorge Barragán|
|Written by||Jorge Barragán
Adolfo Martínez Solares
Gilberto Martínez Solares
|Music by||Gustavo César Carrión|
|Cinematography||Jorge Stahl Jr.|
|Edited by||José W. Bustos|
Compañía Cinematográfica de Baja California
Promoción Turística Mexicana
|Distributed by||Wea-des Moines Video|
|26 June 1975|
Satánico pandemonium ("Satanic Pandemonium") is a Mexican cult nunsploitation horror film directed by Gilberto Martínez Solares and written by Jorge Barragán, Adolfo Martínez Solares and Gilberto Martínez Solares. It stars Cecilia Pezet, Enrique Rocha and Delia Magaña.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2014)|
Sister Maria lives with the convent for her charity works, but in the secret downs of her fantasies, she becomes agonized by visions from another world, a world in which she is permitted to run free. In this world Satan is her lord, and her acts of violence and blasphemy mount. Sister Maria realizes that she is elected by the Devil himself to destroy the convent and lead her sister nuns into hell. Only the Devil can intuit the dark secrets of her tortured mind.
- Enrique Rocha as Luzbel / Lucifer
- Cecilia Pezet as Sister Maria
- Delia Magaña
- Clemencia Colin
- Sandra Torres
- Adarene San Martin
- Patricia Alban
- Yayoi Tokawa
- Amparo Fustenberg
- Paula Aack
- Laura Montalvo
- Verónica Ávila
- Leo Villanueva
- Daniel Albertos
- Verónica Rivas
- Valeria Lupercio
The film was shot in the spring of 1973 in the convents at Tepoztlán, Morelos and Morelia, Michoacán in Mexico. It was inspired by Ken Russell’s The Devils. With a stunning performance from Cecilia Pezet, the film inspired Salma Hayek's character Santanico Pandemonium in From Dusk Till Dawn.
It premiered on 26 June 1975 as La sexorcista in the cinemas in Mexico and was released on 24 October 1987 as Satanic Pandemonium: The Sexorcist by Eagle Video on VHS. The DVD was released on 31 May 2005 by Mondo Macabro in the United States.
The score was composed by Gustavo César Carrión.
- Alucarda: a Mexican horror movie also dealing with similar themes from the 1970s
- EAT MY BRAINS! - Satanico Pandemonium Review
- Satanico Pandemonium - Mondo Digital
- Satanico Pandemonium - The Deuce
- Eccentric Cinema - Satanico Pandemonium Archived February 1, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Satanico Pandemonium - UGO.com Archived April 17, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- MIDNIGHT VIDEO SATANICO PANDEMONIUM : LA SEXORCISTA (Satanic Nun horror!)[dead link]
- Severed Cinema - Satánico Pandemonium - Mondo Macabro
- Ruthless Reviews » SATANICO PANDEMONIUM
- CULT Cinema: Satanico Pandemonium / Обитель Сатаны