|Founded||Gainesville, Florida (2003)|
|Satchel Raye, founder and owner|
Number of employees
Satchel's Pizza is a restaurant in Gainesville, Florida. It was opened on March 7, 2003, by Satchel Raye. It is common for Gainesville residents to see bumper stickers with the Satchel's logo when driving around town.
Satchel's was opened on March 7, 2003.
On February 28, 2012, the restaurant caught fire. It reopened on June 14 of the same year. During the downtime, Satchel Raye used Indiegogo to raise funds for its 47 employees. Nearly 700 people made contributions in a 16-day period, providing a total of $37,696 to the restaurant.
On December 5, 2016, the restaurant's outdoor seating area and gift shop, known as Lightning Salvage, caught fire and was destroyed. The restaurant itself was unharmed and remains open. In November 2017, Lightning Salvage announced plans to reopen as a two-story building.
- "Satchels Pizza". Satchels Pizza. Archived from the original on 2003-10-02. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Satchel's, Get the Bumper Sticker". Smoking Fork. August 24, 2011. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Swirko, Cindy (February 28, 2012). "Kitchen fire could close Satchel's for six weeks". The Gainesville Sun. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Clark, Anthony (June 13, 2012). "4 months after a fire, Satchel's is back cooking". The Gainesville Sun. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Satchel's Pizza Sets Reopen Date". WCJB TV-20. June 1, 2012. Archived from the original on 2012-10-29. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Satchel's Pizza Employee Relief Fund". Indiegogo. Archived from the original on April 23, 2012. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- Staff (December 6, 2016). "Roaring fire erupts at Satchel's, destroys outdoor seating, gift shop". The Independent Florida Alligator. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Satchel's Pizza's "Lightnin' Salvage" close to reopening".
- "UF students design, build new playground at Satchel's Pizza".