Satellite Catalog Number
The Satellite Catalog Number (also known as NORAD Catalog Number, NASA catalog number, USSPACECOM object number or simply Catalog number and similar variants) is a sequential 5-digit number assigned by United States Space Command to all Earth orbiting satellites in order of identification. Before USSPACECOM, the catalog was maintained by NORAD. The first catalogued object, catalog number 00001, is the final stage of the rocket which launched Sputnik 1. As of 22 September 2016, the NSSDC Master Catalog listed more than 40,000 tracked objects including 7,576 satellites launched into orbit since 1957.
- NSSDC Master Catalog
- NSSDC Master Catalog Spacecraft query
- NSSDC SPACEWARN Bulletin
- US space objects registry
- UK space objects registry
- UN space objects registry
- Mirror of UN space objects registry with commentary by Jonathan McDowell of Jonathan's Space Report
- CelesTrak SATCAT search
- Gunter's Space Page
- Searchable satellite database
- JPL Orbital Element Database
- "NSSDC Master Catalog". NASA. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
|This spacecraft or satellite related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|