Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Irfan Kamal|
|Produced by||Murad Khetani|
|Written by||Irfan Kamal|
Vishal Vijay Kumar
|Cinematography||Jitan Harmeet Singh|
|Edited by||Chandan Arora|
Cine 1 Studios
|Distributed by||PEN Marudhar Cine Entertainment|
|Budget||est. ₹24–400 million|
|Box office||est. ₹5.4 million|
Satellite Shankar is a 2019 Indian Hindi-language action drama film written and directed by Irfan Kamal. The film starring Sooraj Pancholi and Megha Akash is produced by Cine 1 Studios and SCIPL. The film based on the life of Indian soldiers, tells a story of the adventures of Indian soldier (played by Pancholi). The principal photography began on 6 September 2018, and was shot across ten states in India.
The film was released on 8 November 2019.
Indian Army soldier Shankar gets injured in cross firing at the border. Senior Officer suggests him to take 8 days rest after consultation with doctors. Shankar requests for leave instead of rest, officers agree and tell him to report to duty on the morning of 8th day. While travelling, he helps citizens and ends up missing his train. Online news reporter covers his story without acknowledging him. The story later revolves around how he reaches his home and then back to duty in a short span of time.
- Sooraj Pancholi as Shankar
- Megha Akash as Pramila
- Upendra Limaye as Inspector
- Anil K Reji as Sridhar
- Palomi Ghosh
- Raj Arjun
- Sameer Deshpande as Nasir Hussain
- Chhaya Kadam
- Sohaila Kapur
- Sanjay Gurbaxani
- Yogesh Bhardw
- Geetika Mehandru
The film marks the return of Sooraj Pancholi who essays the role of an army officer after 3 years' hiatus as he previously starred in his debut 2015 action film Hero. The filming began on 3 September 2018 in Kashmir and most portions of the film were shot in North India in a 60-day schedule. The South Indian actress Megha Akash was cast as the female lead opposite Sooraj Pancholi, which marks her debut in Bollywood industry. The film was shot across the 10 states of India.
The film was theatrically released on 8 November 2019.
The filmmakers in February 2019 confirmed that the film will not have its theatrical release in Pakistan over the retaliation of the 2019 Pulwama attack on Central Reserve Police Force at Jammu and Kashmir which happened on 14 February 2019 resulting in the death of 40 CRPF personnel.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||6 November 2019|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Aari Aari"||Kumaar||Tanishk Bagchi||Romy, Bombay Rockers||3:45|
|2.||"Tere Sang"||Mithoon||Mithoon||Arijit Singh, Mithoon, Aakanksha Sharma||5:09|
|3.||"Jai He"||Manoj Muntashir||Sandeep Shirodkar||Salman Ali||2:58|
|4.||"Pyaar Ka Satellite"||Kumaar||Rochak Kohli||Rochak Kohli, Amit Gupta||3:10|
Satelite Shankar's opening-day domestic collection was ₹10 lacs. On the second day, the film collected ₹12 lacs. On the third day, the film collected ₹10 lacs, taking the total opening-weekend collection to ₹32 lacs. The lifetime collection of film was ₹05.4 million.
- "Sooraj Pancholi's 'Satellite Shankar' now to release on 8th November!". Times of India. 8 November 2019.
- "Satellite Shankar". The Times of India. Retrieved 8 November 2019.
- Bollywood Fever https://bollywoodfever.co.in/satellite-shankar-budget-screencount-wiki-cast-and-prediction/. Retrieved 22 November 2019. Missing or empty
- Bollywood Hungama https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/movie/satellite-shankar/box-office/#bh-movie-box-. Retrieved 23 November 2019. Missing or empty
- "Sooraj Pancholi excited to play a soldier in 'Satellite Shankar' – Times of India". The Times of India. 5 October 2018. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "'Satellite Shankar': Sooraj Pancholi starrer shooting begins today – Times of India". The Times of India. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Satellite Shankar, starring Sooraj Pancholi, goes on floors; film will be shot across 10 Indian states- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 3 September 2018. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Sooraj Pancholi: Shooting Satellite Shankar across India amazing". mid-day. 24 January 2019. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Sooraj Pancholi returns with 'Satellite Shankar'". gulfnews.com. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- BollywoodHungama (6 October 2018). "Satellite Shankar: Sooraj Pancholi feels excited to play an army officer". Free Press Journal. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Megha Akash: Satellite Shankar is a very different film – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Pulwama aftermath: Salman Khan's 'Notebook', 'Satellite Shankar' and Shahid Kapoor's 'Kabir Singh' to NOT release in Pakistan". Free Press Journal. 24 February 2019. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- Hungama, Bollywood (24 February 2019). "Pulwama Attacks Salman Khan's production Notebook, Satellite Shankar and Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh to NOT release in Pakistan – Bollywood Hungama". Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh And Salman Khan-Produced Notebook Won't Release in Pakistan". NDTV.com. Retrieved 28 February 2019.
- "Satellite Shankar (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "Movie Review: Satellite Shankar". filmfare.com. Retrieved 9 November 2019.