Trikaripur, Kasaragod District, Kerala, India
|Years active||2008 - present|
Shahir known as Sathya is an Indian film actor, who has worked in Tamil language films. Brother of actor Arya, he first began filming for Kadhal 2 Kalyanam in 2008, though the film remains unreleased. After débuting in Puthagam (2013), he made a breakthrough in Jeeva Shankar's romantic drama film Amara Kaaviyam (2014).
Both Arya and Sathya went through many scripts before selecting the script of Kadhal 2 Kalyanam for the latter to make his acting début, in which Sathya would be playing the role of a radio jockey. Sathya, after being assigned for the role, had visited Bollywood actor Anupam Kher's acting school in Mumbai to "hone his acting skills", before starting to shoot, besides sitting with and observing professional radio jockeys at a radio station. The film, co-starring Divya Spandana began production in October 2008, but has languished in production hell, prompting Puthagam to become his first release. The film, directed by Vijay Adiraj, opened in January 2013 to mixed reviews with a critic noting Sathya "tries to imitate his more famous brother Arya and needs improvement in all departments". After a lukewarm response to his début, Arya chose to produce Sathya's next film, Jeeva Shankar's romantic drama film Amara Kaaviyam (2014). Sathya played a school boy named Jeeva, a character that required him to shed more than 10 kg, and featured in the film based on a real event. The film garnered positive reviews from screenings prior to release and had a successful soundtrack composed by Mohamaad Ghibran, prompting a wide release in September 2014. Sathya earned mixed reviews for his work in the film with a critic from The Hindu noting "he grows into the role", while another reviewer noted "he is convincing when he has to be a brooding young man but is unable to be expressive when it comes to the romantic and emotional scenes."
In 2015, the actor was first seen in K. S. Thangasamy's film Ettuthikkum Madhayaanai, which began production in July 2013. In 2014, he began work on Chennai Singapore (2016) with Hebah Patel by director Abbas Akbar but the project soon ran into trouble after the film was half complete. The director and Sathya had creative differences after Sathya had refused to attend rehearsals and he was subsequently removed from the film.
Sathya is getting married to his college sweetheart Bhavana on the 22nd of June, 2018 and it is said to be planned in a grand manner with who is who of the film world in attendance. Sathya who has acted in films like 'Puthagam' and 'Amarakaviyam' will soon be seen alongside Arya and Ameer in 'Santhana Devan'.
|2013||Puthagam||Mohan||Nominated—Vijay Award for Best Debut Actor|
|2013||Swamy Ra Ra||Ravi|
|2015||Ettuthikkum Madhayaanai||Natesan (Natty)|
|Kadhal 2 Kalyanam||Arul||Unreleased|
- "Aryas' brother makes his entry – Chennaionline News". News.chennaionline.com. 27 November 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "A promise from Sathya – Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Sathya is RJ in 'K2K' – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 20 October 2011.
- "Arya's brother debuts with Kadhal 2 Kalyanam". Sify.com. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- "Movie Review : Puthagam". Sify.com. Retrieved 2013-12-23.
- sudhir srinivasan. "Betting on this teenage romance". The Hindu.
- "Amara Kaaviyam Movie Review". The Times of India.
- sudhir srinivasan. "Amara Kaaviyam review - Teen ache trauma". The Hindu.
- "Sathya replaces Atharvaa in Jeeva Shankar's next". The Times Of India. 2013-09-15. Retrieved 2013-12-23.