This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||Martin J. Whitman School of Management|
|Occupation||Author, Professional speaker, Consultant, Management expert|
Dr. Satish Nambisan is Professor of Entrepreneurship & Technology Management in the Management Department at the Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. He also holds a joint position as Professor of Mechanical Engineering' in the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Engineering and Applied Science.
Personal life and education
Satish Nambisan was born in Kerala, India. He holds a Ph.D. in business administration from the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University; an MBA from XLRI- Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur.
Nambisan conducts research in the areas of innovation management, technological entrepreneurship, technology strategy, and social innovation. His articles have appeared in several premier management journals including Harvard Business Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, Stanford Social Innovation Review, Management Science, Organization Science, and Academy of Management Review.
Dr. Nambisan is the author of "The Global Brain: Your Roadmap for Innovating Faster and Smarter in a Networked World", which applies the concept of Global brain to management and focuses on global innovation networks. An article based on this book appeared in Harvard Business Review.
Nambisan (along with Mohanbir Sawhney of Northwestern University) coined the term Innovation capitalist to describe a new type of innovation intermediary. The first article introducing this was published by the Harvard Business Review .
He is also credited with introducing the concept of Virtual customer environment that describes Web-based forums for customer co-innovation and value co-creation. His publications on this topic has appeared in several academic journals such as Academy of Management Review, MIT Sloan Management Review, and Organization Science 
- Nambisan, S. and M. Sawhney. “The Global Brain: Your Roadmap for Innovating Faster and Smarter in a Networked World,” October 2007, Wharton School Publishing, PA
- Nambisan, S. and M. Sawhney. “A buyer’s guide to the innovation bazaar,” Harvard Business Review, June 2007, 109-118
- Nambisan, S. and M. Sawhney. “Meet the innovation capitalist,” Harvard Business Review, March 2007
- Nambisan, S. "Designing virtual customer environments for new product development: Toward a theory," Academy of Management Review, 2002, 27(3), 392-413
- Nambisan, S. and P. Nambisan. “How to profit from a better virtual customer environment” MIT Sloan Management Review, Spring 2008, 53-61
- Nambisan, S. and R. Baron. “Different roles, different strokes: Organizing virtual customer environments to promote two types of customer contributions,” Organization Science 21(2), 2010, 554-572.