Sattam En Kaiyil
|Sattam En Kaiyil|
|Directed by||T. N. Balu|
|Written by||T. N. Balu|
|Produced by||T. N. Balu|
|Cinematography||N. K. Vishwanathan|
|Edited by||V. Rajagopal|
Balu Cine arts
Sattam En Kaiyil (lit. 'The law is in my hands') is a 1978 Indian Tamil-language action film directed by T. N. Balu starring Kamal Haasan, Sripriya in the lead role. This film was remade in Hindi as Yeh To Kamaal Ho Gaya in 1982.
The film revolves around twin brothers, who were separated and got different family in their childhood. One becomes an educated and a good person, while the other one becomes local city-thief and a petty criminal remaining uneducated. Problems arrive when their girlfriends think the other as their own boyfriend as they look alike. The story ends reuniting the twin brothers.
- Kamal Haasan as Babu / Rathnam
- Sripriya as Priya
- Miss. Elizabeth as Kathrine
- Srikanth as Senthil
- S. A. Ashokan as Mayandi
- Thengai Srinivasan as Lawyer Nagarajan
- Suruli Rajan as Rathnam's Friend
- V. Gopalakrishnan as Priya's Father
- Pushpalatha as Lakshmi
- Ganthimathi as Sivakolunthu
- Sathyaraj as Vicky
- Loose Mohan
- Usilai Mani
|1||"Aazhakadalil"||Malaysia Vasudevan, S. Janaki||Kannadasan||4:08|
|2||"Sorgam Madhuvile"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||4:34|
|3||"Ore Idam"||P. Susheela||4:40|
|4||"Kadai Thengaiyo"||Malaysia Vasudevan||Thirupathooran||4:35|
|5||"Mera Naam Abdullah"||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam||Kannadasan||4:10|
Sattam En Kaiyil was released on 14 July 1978. It was commercially successful and ran for 100 days. 100th days celebration of the film was attended by M. Karunanidhi. The film was dubbed and released in Telugu under the title Donga Dora. The Telugu dubbed film also ran 100 days.
- Ramachandran, T. M., ed. (1983). Film World. 20. p. 82.
- "'சொர்க்கம் மதுவிலே', 'ஆழக்கடலில் தேடிய முத்து'; கமலின் 'சட்டம் என் கையில்' வெளியாகி 42 ஆண்டுகள்!". Hindu Tamil Thisai (in Tamil). 14 July 2020. Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- "கமல் நடித்த சட்டம் என் கையில்: வில்லனாக சத்யராஜ் அறிமுகம்". Maalai Malar (in Tamil). 6 August 2016. Archived from the original on 20 July 2021. Retrieved 20 July 2021.
- Sunil, K. P. (29 November 1987). "The Anti-Hero". The Illustrated Weekly of India. Vol. 108. The Times Group. pp. 40–41.
- "He is still going strong". The Hindu. 28 July 2005. Archived from the original on 28 September 2016. Retrieved 20 July 2021.
- "Karuna taught me Tamil, says Kamal Haasan". Deccan Chronicle. 29 May 2017. Retrieved 6 October 2020.
- Bengaluru, Rajaparvai Ramu [@RajaparvaiB] (14 July 2020). "#கமல்ஹாசன் அவர்௧ளின் #சட்டம்என்கையில் இன்று 42ம் ஆண்டு நிறைவுநாள் (14/07/1978) 100 ஓடிய சூப்பர் ஹிட் திரைப்படம் இந்த படம் தெலுங்கு மொழியில் #தொங்௧தோரா என்று வெளிவந்து #ஆந்திராவில் 100 நாட்௧ளுக்கு மேல் ஓடியது." (Tweet) (in Tamil). Retrieved 6 October 2020 – via Twitter.