|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Satte City Hall
Location of Satte in Saitama Prefecture
|• Total||33.93 km2 (13.10 sq mi)|
|Population (February 2016)|
|• Density||1,550/km2 (4,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
|- Tree||Podocarpus macrophyllus|
|Address||4-6-8 Higashi, Satte-shi, Saitama-ken 340-0192|
Satte (幸手市 Satte-shi?) is a city located in Saitama Prefecture, in the central Kantō region of Japan. As of 1 February 2016[update], the city had an estimated population of 52,449 and a population density of 1550 persons per km². Its total area was 33.93 square kilometres (13.10 sq mi).
Located in the flatlands far eastern Saitama Prefecture, Satte is at the convergence of Saitama, Chiba and Ibaraki Prefectures, at an average altitude of approximately twenty meters above sea level. The Edo River and the Naka River flow through the city, which is approximately 50 kilometers from downtown Tokyo.
The town of Satte was created within Kitakatsushika District, Saitama with the establishment of the municipalities system on April 1, 1889. It was raised to city status on October 1, 1986.
The economy of Satte is primarily agricultural.
- Japan University of Health Sciences
- Satte has nine elementary schools, three middle schools and one high school.
- Gongendo Tsutsumi (Japanese: 権現堂堤). About 1,000 Yoshino cherry trees are spread out over 1 km along the top of the levee of the Gongendo river. During cherry blossom season, many visitors from all over the prefecture and beyond come to enjoy the picturesque pink and yellow of cherry and rapeseed blossoms, and vendors set up stalls. The levee is also sown with hydrangea and red spider lilies, which bloom in the summer and fall.
Notable people from Satte
- Kagami Yoshimizu, the creator of the Lucky Star series, was born in Satte. Although he has now moved out of Satte, his house is now the Lucky Star Museum, made to resemble Konata Izumi's (one of the main characters in the series) house.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Satte, Saitama.|
- Official website (Japanese)