|• Total||21.88 km2 (8.45 sq mi)|
|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|• Density||2,600/km2 (6,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011[update] Census of India, Sattenapalle had a population of 56,721. The total population constitute, 28,350 males and 28,371 females —a sex ratio of 1001 females per 1000 males. 5,827 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 3,046 are boys and 2,781 are girls —a ratio of 913 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 73.58% with 37,449 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
On 1 April 1984, the municipality was formed as 3rd grade which is now a second grade municipality. The municipality constitutes 30 election and 11 revenue wards. The municipality provides civic services such as supply of 135 litres of per capita water supply, 49 public taps, 415 bore–wells etc. Maintaining 148 km of roads, 136 km of drains etc.
Sattenapalle is well connected to most of the cities and towns in Andhra Pradesh by APSRTC services. The Hyderabad – Nalgonda – Guntur SH 2 is the state highway passing through the city. Sattenapalle APS RTC bus Depo serves many passengers to the nearby towns and districts.
- "Basic Information of Municipality". Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,408. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Brief about Municipality". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Public services/amenities". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Sattenapalle Rail Info