|• Total||22.81 km2 (8.81 sq mi)|
|Elevation||71 m (233 ft)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2011[update] Census of India, Sattenapalle had a population of 56,721. The total population constitute, 28,350 males and 28,371 females —a sex ratio of 1001 females per 1000 males. 5,827 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 3,046 are boys and 2,781 are girls —a ratio of 913 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 73.58% with 37,449 literates, significantly higher than the state average of 67.41%.
On 1 April 1984, the municipality was formed as 3rd grade which is now a second grade municipality. The municipality constitutes 30 election and 11 revenue wards. The civic services and infrastructure of the municipality include, supply of 135 litres of per capita water supply, 49 public taps, 415 bore–wells etc. Maintaining 148 km of roads, 136 km of drains etc.
Sattenapalle is a part of Guntur–Sattenapalle growth corridor.
APSRTC operates buses from Sattenapalle bus station to most of the cities and towns in the district. SH 2 passes through the town. Sattenapalle railway station is located on Nallapadu–Pagidipalli section of Guntur railway division.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
- "About Sattenapalli Municipality". Official website of Sattenapalle municipality. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 July 2014.
- "District Census Handbook - Guntur" (PDF). Census of India. p. 14,408. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "Literacy of AP (Census 2011)" (PDF). Official Portal of Andhra Pradesh Government. p. 43. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "Brief about Municipality". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Public services/amenities". Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- "Need to enforce building rules: VGTM-UDA vice-chief". The Hindu. Guntur. 2012-07-14. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (25 October 2013). "25 passengers rescued from stranded APSRTC bus in Narsaraopet". The Hindu. Guntur. Retrieved 8 March 2016.
- Sattenapalle Rail Info
- "School Eduvation Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education - Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sattenapalle.|