Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ram Gopal Varma|
|Produced by||M Samanth Kumar Reddy|
|Written by||Radhika Anand|
|Starring||Puneet Singh Ratn (Hindi)
|Music by||Amar Mohile
|Edited by||Sanga Pratap kumar |
|Distributed by||Mammoth Media Entertainment Private Limited|
|Budget||₹15 crore (US$2.3 million)|
Satya 2 is a 2013 Indian crime film, simultaneously shot in Hindi and Telugu language. The film was directed by Ram Gopal Varma with production design by Saini S. Johray. The film stars Puneet Singh Ratn (Hindi), Sharwanand (Telugu), Anaika Soti, Aradhna Gupta and Mahesh Thakur in lead roles. The film tells the story of Satya, an immigrant who comes to Mumbai aiming to refashion the mumbai underworld. The film is the fourth installment of the Gangster Trilogy.
Director Ram Gopal Verma hinted that Satya 2 will be his last film on the underworld and that now he wants to make romantic movies. Satya 2 was released on 28 October 2013 in U. A. E. and 8 November 2013 in India. The film received mixed reviews, Subhash K. Jha of Bollywood News stated that Ram Gopal Varma returns to form with Satya 2. Samreen Tungekar of Bolly spice has stated "Ram Gopal Verma had made it clear that Satya 2 is not a sequel to Satya, and he has evidently made no attempt of making this film look like a prequel or a sequel too. Satya 2 stands as an independent story and does well for itself as a film."
The plot Satya is narrated by a voice (Makrand Deshpande) about the underworld that has been slowed down from the last decade in Mumbai. The story is based on Satya (Puneet Singh Ratn) who comes to Mumbai and starts working for Lahoti (Mahesh Thakur) a construction magnate. Trying to beat a competitor in a deal he gets involved with the mafia and some underworld elements who don't have the clout anymore. Slowly he plans assassinations for Lahoti and other business people in Mumbai and around India and grows to be a go to person for such crimes. During this time he gets his friend production money for his film and gets a flat and brings his girlfriend Chitra (Anaika Soti). He makes enemies all around and in a shootout with cops loses his girlfriend and also his friend. But even thought he is captured he is able to get out of jail through the Company he creates with his connections and begins his reign as the newest underworld leader in Mumbai.
- Puneet Singh Ratn as Satya (Hindi version)
- Sharwanand as Satya (Telugu version)
- Anaika Soti as Chitra
- Mahesh Thakur as Lahoti
- Amitriyaan as Naara
- Anjalie Gupta as Special
- Raj Premi as RK
- Amal Sehrawat as TK
- Ashok Samarth as Solomon
- Kaushal Kapoor as Purshottam
- Vikram Singh as Anna
"All this was in the early eighties and we are now in 2013 and since there is almost no underworld now, it is clear that there's a vacuum and whenever there's a vacuum in any lucrative business there will always be an entrepreneur to step in.
If 'Satya' was a story of a man who came in 1998 and shaped the then existing underworld, 'Satya 2' is about another man who comes in 2013 to reinvent the underworld. To that extent I would say this is a futuristic film not in terms of science fiction but in terms of that there's no precedent for the protagonist of 'Satya 2'. He starts a new underworld company based on his study of the mistakes of all the earlier dons and also on the ways he develops to deal with the modern day policing methods" said Ram Gopal Varma.
"The police is completely caught off guard by this never before experienced menace of the new Company and the reason for this is that the police will always be lesser than a criminal enterprise in their vision ..That is because the police is merely an evolved system whereas a criminal entrepreneur for want of a better word is a visionary in his own field. Only after a new kind of crime happens will the police learn how to contain or prevent it. So it follows that if a completely new kind of a criminal appears on the horizon, their past experience will be null and void and they will again have to start from scratch
So in one line 'Satya 2' is about a man whose thinking starts where the earlier Dons thinking ended and where the police cannot even begin to think." said Ram Gopal Varma.
"As a film maker I have been doing a deep study of the underworld and its gangsters for more than two decades primarily for the purposes of gathering subject matters for my films and to get inspired for characters from real life references..And that's how films like Satya and company happened..Then one day it occurred to me what if a guy out there studied the same gangsters not for becoming a film maker but for the purpose of becoming a gangster himself.it's that idea of mine which finally shaped itself into Satya 2.,A new age gangster will obviously be armed with the mistakes of the earlier gangsters and also with the modern day policing methods". said Ram Gopal Varma.One romantic song of Satya 2 was shot in Kashmir in June 2013. The Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) passed Satya 2 with A certificate with 3 cuts. 'Satya 2' is made within the budget of Rs 15 crore.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||15 October 2013|
|Label||Super Cassettes Industries Limited|
|Nitin Raikwar chronology|
|Kary Arora chronology|
|Shree D chronology|
The soundtrack of the film consisted of nine tracks composed by Nitin Raikwar, Sanjeev-Darshan, Kary Arora and Shree D and lyrics by Moied Elhaam, Nitin Raikwar, Kumaar, Sonny Ravan and Shree D on 15 October 2013.
|1.||"Tu Nahi"||Nitin Raikwar||Nitin Raikwar||Leonard Victor & Shweta Pandit||3:39|
|2.||"Special"||Kumaar||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod||Payal Aditya Dev||6:33|
|3.||"Maagne Se (Title Song)"||Kumaar||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod,Arghya||4:49|
|4.||"Palkon Se"||Moid Elhaam||Nitin Raikwar||Rishi Singh & Shweta Pandit||4:34|
|5.||"Saathi Re"||Nitin Raikwar||Nitin Raikwar||Rishi Singh & Tishika Jain||4:41|
|6.||"Taaqat"||Kumaar||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod||Hricha Narayan, Jolly Mukherjee,Arghya & Sanjeev Rathod||4:18|
|7.||"Control"||Sonny Ravan & Shree D||Shree D||Sonny Ravan & Shree D||6:32|
|8.||"Veerani"||Kumaar||Sanjeev Rathod, Darshan Rathod||Payal Aditiya Dev & Mohd Irfan||5:08|
|9.||"Satya Is Back Again"||Kary Arora||Kary Arora||Arsalaan Akhoon, Kary Arora & Makrand 'Mac' Deshpandey||5:27|
Satya 2 opened to an average opening day occupancy of around 5 percent, the overseas market being no different with the film seeing a release in UAE. Owing to this the film had an opening day collections of ₹3-4 million (US$−62,000) with ₹1.5-2 million (US$−31,000) coming from Mumbai itself keeping in accordance with the wide release with the rest coming from East Punjab and DUP with collections of around ₹.2 million (US$3,100) and ₹.5 million (US$7,800) respectively.
- Amar Mohile Biography, Amar Mohile Profile - entertainment.oneindia.in
- "Satya 2: Will it show the Mumbai underworld in a new light?". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Sharwanand’s in Bollywood's Satya sequel? - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Satya 2 (2013) - IMDb
- RGV explored new underworld
- "Meet Ram Gopal Varma's new don in 'Satya 2' - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "RGV: Comparisons between 'Satya', 'Satya 2' are inevitable". Ibnlive.in.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "I play corporate style gangster in 'Satya 2', says Puneet Singh". Ibnlive.in.com. 12 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Ram Gopal Varma's 'Satya 2' explores the new underworld". Indian Express. 12 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Meet RGV's Satya 2 actress Aradhna Gupta". Films of India. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Gupta, Rinku (24 September 2013). "Of course I'm not an item girl: Aradhna Gupta". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Satya 2 Cast & Crew, Satya 2 Star Cast, Actor, Actress, Director - entertainment.oneindia.in
- "Don't want to make gangster film after 'Satya 2': RGV". Business Standard. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Don`t want to make gangster film after `Satya 2`: RGV". Zeenews.india.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Don't want to make gangster film after 'Satya 2', says Ram Gopal Varma". Ibnlive.in.com. 7 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Meet the HOT girls of Satya 2 - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- RGV postpones 'Satya 2' release to November 8 | Deccan Chronicle
- "'Satya 2' postponed again, producer dragged Ram Gopal Varma to court - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. 30 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Subhash K Jha speaks about Satya 2.". BollywoodHungama.com. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Satya 2 Movie Review - BollySpice
- "Ram Gopal Varma Unveils First Look of ‘Satya 2’". Indiawest.com. 3 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Newbie Aradhna Gupta’s ‘Special’ B-Town debut - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 19 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Meet Ramu’s new heroine | Deccan Chronicle
- Share This: (1 October 2013). "Ram Gopal Varma, Puneet Singh Rath, Anaika Soti And Aradhana Gupta At Satya 2 Trailer Launch". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- satya 2 movie cast
- IANS (3 September 2013). "RGV's 'Satya 2' has love song shot in Kashmir - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- Mumbai Mirror (19 October 2013). "Censor Board turns deaf to 'Satya 2' abuses - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Nitin Raikwar". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Satya 2 (2013) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. 28 June 2012. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Satya 2 movie review: Wallpaper, Story, Trailer at Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "Boxofficeindia.com". Boxofficeindia.com. Retrieved 9 November 2013.