|Type of business||Venture-Funded|
Type of site
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Area served||India, United States, Canada|
|Alexa rank||1493(27 April 2015[update])|
Sulekha today is India’s largest digital platform for local services serving one of the largest bases of users and service providers.
Service Micro-Small-Medium-Enterprises (MSMEs) today contribute, according to a recent report by KPMG and Google, an estimated 35% of India's GDP, one of the fastest growing economies of the world.
Sulekha uses data and technology to intelligently match the needs of 20+ M users with 4+ million service businesses across 40 cities and 500+ categories including home and office services, coaching and tuition, real estate and rentals, lifestyle and training.
Sulekha helps make life simple for users by minimizing the time, cost and hassle of finding the right service provider for their specific need.
Sulekha helps SMEs grow by offering them the most inexpensive, easiest and fastest ways to market their services in the city/locality and category and find targeted prospects.
Sulekha serves Indians in India and US and has operations across major cities in India.
Sulekha's investors are: Norwest Venture Partners (Palo Alto), GIC (Singapore), Mitsui (Tokyo).
Satya Prabhakar and Sangeeta Kshettry founded Sulekha as a platform enabling interactions among Indians. Sulekha raised its initial investment from Indigo Monsoon Group when Param Parameswaran (as Chairman) and Harish Raghavan joined its Board. Param Parameswaran actively advised and helped focus the company on its India expansion in 2007, and expand its digital and mobile platform to connect users and businesses for local services. At this time, Norwest Venture Partners (NVP) invested in the company, and Promod Haque, Senior Managing Partner of NVP, joined Sulekha’s Board. In 2011, Mitsui & Co. (Tokyo), a Global Fortune 200 company, led the Series B round of investment with NVP also participating. In April 2015, GIC, the Sovereign Wealth Fund of Singapore, led a further round of investment along with NVP into the company.
- "sulekha.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-04-27.
- "Indiaplaza.in Looking At $10M Fundraise | Techcircle.in - India startups, internet, mobile, e-commerce, software, online businesses, technology, venture capital, angel, seed funding". techcircle.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Companies". Norwest Venture Partners. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Promod Haque". Norwest Venture Partners. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Mitsui's Private Equity Arm Opens India Office | VCCircle". www.vccircle.com. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Sulekha.com raises Rs 175 crore from GIC, NVP". The Hindu. 2015-04-21. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Sulekha.com raises Rs175 cr from GIC, Norwest Venture Partners". The Financial Express. 2015-04-21. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Sulekha raises $28 M from GIC & Norwest; to expand to more cities". MediaNama. Retrieved 2016-01-14.