|Designer(s)||Willy Rampf (Technical Director)
Christoph Zimmermann (Chief Designer)
Seamus Mullarkey (Head of Aerodynamics)
|Predecessor||BMW Sauber F1.09|
|Chassis||carbon-fibre and honeycomb composite monocoque|
|Suspension (front)||Upper and lower wishbones, inboard springs and dampers, actuated by pushrods|
|Suspension (rear)||as front|
|Engine||Ferrari Type 056 2,400 cc (146.5 cu in) 90° V8, limited to 18,000 RPM naturally aspirated mid-mounted|
|Transmission||Seven-speed semi-automatic carbon-fibre sequential gearbox with reverse gear electronically controlled, quick-shift Limited-slip differential|
|Weight||620 kg (1,367 lb) (including driver)|
OZ Wheels (front and rear): 13"
|Notable entrants||BMW Sauber F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||22. Pedro de la Rosa
22. Nick Heidfeld
23. Kamui Kobayashi
|Debut||2010 Bahrain Grand Prix|
The Sauber C29 was a Formula One racing car which was used by the BMW Sauber F1 Team in the 2010 Formula One season. It was unveiled on January 31, at Circuit Ricardo Tormo in Valencia. With a lack of main sponsors, the C29 sported the team's colours and the drivers' names and flags during its launch and first test. In the third test session they moved the names and wrote the message "See you in Bahrain March 12–14" on the car's engine cover.
In the early part of the season, the car demonstrated very poor reliability and it was not until the seventh round of the year that the team scored a point with Kamui Kobayashi taking 10th in Turkey. In the second half of the year, the car gradually improved to a very respectable level and the team finished the season with 44 points, taking eighth in the Constructors' Championship.
In comparison to previous years, the C29 featured a plain livery that consisted of white, black and red. These are the team's actual colours, but because of sponsorship by Red Bull and BMW, the team had never run this scheme before. At the start of 2010, the car had no sponsors, only the driver's name and nationality on the bodywork. As the year progressed, the team gained sponsors, including Burger King.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2010||BMW Sauber F1 Team||Ferrari 056 V8||B||de la Rosa||Ret||12||DNS||Ret||Ret||Ret||11||Ret||12||Ret||14||7||11||14||44||8th|
- Straw, Edd (2010-02-04). "Sauber-Ferrari C29". Autosport. Vol. 199 no. 5. pp. 74–77.
- "BMW Sauber C29 technical specifications". f1technical.net. F1 Technical. 2010-02-01. Retrieved 2010-02-02.
- Elizalde, Pablo (2010-01-31). "BMW Sauber launches new C29 car". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 2010-01-31.
- "BMW Sauber C29 – 0015 (Image)". Iceman Forever. Flickr. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- "F1 Jerez '10 Test −0312 (Image)". Iceman Forever. Flickr. 2010-02-18. Retrieved 2010-02-18.
- Noble, Jonathan (2010-03-25). "Sauber introduces its own duct system". autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 2010-03-25.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sauber C29.|