|Enterprise software, web development|
|Founders||Jason Huggins, Steven Hazel, John Dunham|
San Francisco, California,
Sauce Labs was founded by Steven Hazel, John Dunham, Al Sargent, and Jason Huggins, the creator of Selenium, in San Francisco in August 2008. Huggins was named by InfoWorld as one of the top CTOs of 2010 for his work on Sauce OnDemand.
Sauce Labs offers automated testing for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines, and provides plugin integrations with the many CI platforms including: Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI, Circle CI and TeamCity. According to Forbes, Sauce Labs currently supports more than 500 browser, operating system, and device platform combinations. The company recently announced a plugin for Atlassian's JIRA project and issue tracking software.
Sauce Labs claims to have customers across a broad spectrum of industries and service providers, including Salesforce.com, Liberty Mutual, Bank of America, Twitter, PayPal, Yahoo!, Etsy, IHG, Intuit and others. In 2013, Sauce Labs was recommended by Adobe after it closed its BrowserLab testing platform for web applications. It also supports the Firebug plug-in for Mozilla Firefox. Sauce Labs is also the first platform to support Automated Testing for Microsoft Edge.
In 2015, the company was named by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the top 100 fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area for a second consecutive year, reporting 3-year revenue growth of 472%. In 2015, Sauce Labs secured an additional $15 million in Series D expansion funding from investor Toba Capital.
In 2016, Sauce Labs announced it had raised a $70 million Series E round from Centerview Capital Technology, IVP, and Adams Street Partners.
In 2017, SD Times wrote that Sauce Labs offers more than 800 combinations of different operating systems, browsers, and real devices available for testing, and that the company had just announced the Sauce plugin for Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) that automates the build process. The publication later reported on the release of Sauce Labs Test Analytics, a solution that expands data analytics and enables teams test faster, smarter, and more efficiently. Sauce Labs was also named for the fourth consecutive year to the San Francisco Business Times top 100 fastest growing private companies in the Bay Area. In the same year, Sauce Labs was named to the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies for the 2nd consecutive year
Sauce Labs was also named by IDC as a leader in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Mobile Testing and Digital Quality 2017-2018 Vendor Assessment - Enabling Digital Transformation via Quality Solution (doc # US40344615, FEBRUARY 2018) and by Forrester Research as "developers' choice for cross-browser and mobile testing in the cloud".
- "Why Technology Has To Be 'Continuous'". Forbes. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Google Testing Blog: Selenium's Inventor". Google Testing Blog. 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "The Best CTOs of 2010". InfoWorld. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Review of Sauce Labs by a Real User". www.itcentralstation.com. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce: Browser Testing Magic « Mac.AppStorm". mac.appstorm.net. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Front-end ops gaining prominence in Web development". JavaWorld. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs' Automated Mobile App Testing Gets Real | Developers | TechNewsWorld". www.technewsworld.com. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- UTC, Grace Smith2014-02-26 10:09:00. "13 Essential Tools to Check Cross-Browser Compatibility". Mashable. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "How To Run Your Tests On Any Browser & Operating System". elementalselenium.com. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs: Tunnels or not?". paulhammant.com. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Sauce Labs Integrates with JIRA". 2016-05-03. Retrieved 2016-09-13.
- Dayaratna, Arnal. "Sauce Labs Brings Cloud To Automated Web Application Testing Including iOS". Cloud Computing Today. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs Is the First Platform to Support Automated Testing for Microsoft Edge". Reuters. 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs Is the First Platform to Support Automated Testing for Microsoft Edge | news.sys-con.com". news.sys-con.com. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "The 100 fastest-growing Bay Area private companies are ranked by revenue growth from 2012 to 2014. (Video) - San Francisco Business Times". San Francisco Business Times. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- "Sauce Labs nets $15 mln from Toba Capital". PE HUB. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "Sauce Labs sops up $70 million round". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2017-06-25.
- Morgan, Lisa (2017-04-27). "Sauce Labs: Automate Testing with Confidence". Retrieved 2018-08-16.
- Moore, Madison (2017-06-01). "Sauce Labs expands data analytics for the enterprise with Sauce Labs Test Analytics".
- "Inc. 5000 2018: The Full List". 2017-10-20.
- "Sauce Labs Recognized as a Leader in the IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Mobile Testing and Digital Quality".
- "Sauce Labs Recognized As "Developers' Choice For Cross-Browser and Mobile Testing in the Cloud" By Independent Research Firm". 2018-07-31.