Saud bin Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Saud
|Saud bin Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Saud|
|Born||1977 (age 43–44)|
|House||House of Saud|
|Father||Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Saud|
|Mother||Fayza bint Abdullah Al Saud|
Saud bin Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al Saud (Arabic: سعود بن عبد العزيز بن ناصر بن عبد العزيز آل سعود, born 1977) is a member of the Saudi royal family and a convicted murderer. He is a grandson of King Abdullah.
Murder and trial
In 2010, he was found guilty at the Old Bailey of murdering his servant Bandar Abdulaziz in their suite at the Landmark Hotel in London. During the trial, it was alleged that the prince had received a "sexual massage" before the murder, and that he and Abdulaziz had been in a homosexual relationship, and that the murder was a culmination of an extremely abusive "Master-Slave" relationship. He was sentenced to life imprisonment. In March, 2013 he was allowed to return to Saudi Arabia to serve the remainder of his term in a Saudi prison. According to the agreement between the U.K. and Saudi Arabia, he must serve at least 20 years before he can be released and will be handed over to Saudi Arabia.
Saud's maternal grandfather was Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, who was King at the time when Saud was convicted and sentenced by a court in the UK. Both of Saud's parents belong to the Saudi royal family. They are first cousins to each other, being the children of two half-brothers, both of whom were the sons of King Abdulaziz, founder of the modern Saudi state. Saud's father is Abdulaziz bin Nasser, the son of Nasser bin Abdulaziz, himself the son of King Abdulaziz. Saud's mother, Fayza, is the daughter of Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, himself a son of King Abdulaziz.
|Family tree of Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud|
- Jones, Sam; agencies (2010-10-20). "Saudi prince jailed for life for murdering servant". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-11-19.
- "Saudi prince found guilty of murdering servant in hotel". London: BBC News. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 24 April 2013.
- "Saudi prince 'had a gay massage' before hotel 'murder'". BBC News. 11 October 2010.
- Gammell, Caroline (7 October 2010). "Colour co-ordinated trousers gave gay Saudi prince away, court hears". The Daily Telegraph. London.[dead link]
- "Saudi prince guilty of servant's murder". The Guardian. 19 October 2010. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Saudi prince flies home Al Arabiya. Retrieved 17 February 2015.