Saudi Arabia at the 1984 Summer Olympics
|Saudi Arabia at the Olympic Games|
|At the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles|
|Competitors||37 in 5 sports|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Saudi Arabia competed at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, United States. The nation returned to the Olympic Games after participating in the American-led boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics. 37 competitors, all men, took part in 11 events in 5 sports.
In the first time the nation competed in archery at the Olympics, Saudi Arabia entered three men. They only narrowly avoided being the three lowest placing competitors as Mansour Hamaid was able to score one point higher than Lhendup Tshering of Bhutan.
Men's Individual Competition:
- Mansour Hamaid – 1998 points (→ 59th place)
- Faisal al Basam – 1993 points (→ 61st place)
- Yousef Jawdat – 1716 points (→ 62nd place)
Six cyclists represented Saudi Arabia in 1984.
- Abdullah Al-Shaye — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Hassan Al-Absi — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Ali Al-Ghazawi — did not finish (→ no ranking)
- Mohammed Al-Shanqiti — did not finish (→ no ranking)
Seven fencers represented Saudi Arabia in 1984.
- Men's Team Competition
- Preliminary Round (Group C)
- Quarter Finals
- → Did not advance
- Team Roster:
- ( 1.) Mohamed Al-Husain
- ( 2.) Sameija Al-Dawasare
- ( 3.) Hassen Bishy
- ( 4.) Sameer Abdulshakor
- ( 5.) Abdullah Masod
- ( 6.) Ahmad Al-Bishi
- ( 7.) Shayemsh Al-Nasisah
- ( 8.) Ahamed Bayazid
- (10.) Fahed Mosaibeeh
- (11.) Mehaisen Al-Dosari
- (12.) Salman Al-Dosari
- (13.) Mohammed Abduljawad
- (14.) Saleh Al-Dossary
- (15.) Nawaf Al-Khamees
- (16.) Omar Bakhshwein
- (21.) Abdullah Al-Deayee
- "Saudi Arabia at the 1984 Summer Games". Sports Reference. Retrieved 17 May 2015.
|This Saudi Arabia related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This 1984 Olympics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|