Saudi Arabian passport
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Saudi Arabian passport|
|Issued by||Saudi Arabia|
|Type of document||Passport|
|Eligibility requirements||Saudi Arabian citizenship|
The Saudi Arabian passport is issued to citizens of Saudi Arabia for international travel.
Passport issuance procedures
Before an applicant is issued a passport he must sign his name[clarification needed]. If an applicant is a woman, a male guardian is also required to sign their passport to authorise the aspirant passport holder to travel abroad. The male guardian sign his dependant's passport in person. An applicant also must show a national ID card. In case of women, an applicant also must bring their family ID card. The passport photo must be taken whilst the applicant is in normal Saudi attire. The photo must be 4" x 6" in size. An applicant must fill the form in both Arabic and English. They must pay the passport fee of 300 Saudi riyals (USD $80).
The Saudi Arabian passport has the following wording on its cover:
"المملكة العربية السعودية" "Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia"
"عضو جامعة الدول العربية" "Member of the Arab League" (unlike the rest of the passport, isn't translated to English)
"جواز سفر" "Passport"
- Image of a passport holder
- Passport type in English
- National code: SAU
- Passport number in Hindu-Arabic numerals
- Passport holder's name in English
- Birth date both according to the Islamic calendar and as per the Gregorian calendar
- Gender: Male or Female
- Issue date in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar
- Expiration in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar, it is based on Islamic calendar. An applicant can choose the date of expiration. If a woman or unmarried minor under age of 21, the male guardian must approve the date of expiration or a male guardian choose the date of expiration.
- Place of issue, issuing authority, and issue date in both Islamic calendar and Western calendar
- All information is saved in the computer.
Arabic: "باسم ملك المملكة العربية السعودية أطلب من موظفي المملكة المدنيين والعسكريين وممثليها في الخارج ومن كل سلطة أخرى تعمل باسمها ومن السلطات المختصة في الدول الصديقة أن يسمحوا لحامل هذا الجواز بحرية المرور وأن يقدموا له المساعدة والرعاية
English: "IN THE NAME OF THE KING, OF THE KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA, I REQUEST AND REQUIRE ALL THOSE WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, TO ALLOW THE BEARER TO PASS FREELY WITHOUT LET OR HINDRANCE AND TO AFFORD THE BEARER SUCH ASSISTANCE AND PROTECTION AS MAY BE NECESSARY"
In 2016, Saudi citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 68 countries and territories, ranking the Saudi passport 69th in the world according to the Visa Restrictions Index.
- Thailand, permitted only for businessmen with an authorization by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry, due to the Blue Diamond Affair
- Iran, following rupture of Saudi-Iranian relations in January 2016
- Also countries that are in state of war such as Syria and Afghanistan
- Qatar, as of 5 June 2017