This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
6 September 1976|
Nawalparasi District, Nepal
|Notable work||Loot, Chhadke, Kabaddi Kabaddi, Kagbeni, Sungava, "Sadanga", "Loot 2", "fitkire", "Shree Panch Ambare", "Fanko", " Lukamari"|
|Partner(s)||Shristi Shrestha (Since 2016 - Present)|
Saugat Malla (born 9 June 1976) is a Nepalese film actor and producer. He began acting professionally in 2008, rising to fame for his leading role as Haku Kale in Loot (2012). Other appearances include Mukhauta (2014), Soongava: Dance of the Orchids (2012), Lappan Chhappan (2017), Kabaddi Kabaddi (2015), and Fateko Jutta (2017).
Saugat Malla started acting at Aarohan Gurukul (Nepals first drama school), appearing in several critically acclaimed productions including Oedipus Rex and Agni Ko Katha at Gurukul Theater.
Malla made his film debut in Kagbeni (2008), directed by Bhusan Dahal and featuring Deeya Maskey, Nima Rumba and Hanif Mohammed, then in K Yo Maya Ho (2011). He had to wait for four years before being signed in Nischal Basnet's Loot (2012). The film became one of the most successful films in Nepal, and he came to be identified as the bankrobbing Haku Kale, the character he played in the film. Several other Nepalese films including Soongava: Dance of the Orchids (2012), Kathaa (2013), Sourya (2013), Badhshala (2013), Shree 5 Ambare (2014), Utsav (2014), Mukhauta (2014) and Sadanga (2015) soon followed.
Commercial success (2015 - present)
In 2015 Malla starred in the romantic-comedy Kabaddi Kabaddi (2015), directed by Ram Babu Gurung and featuring Dayahang Rai, Rishma Gurung and Priyanka Karki, which became one of the highest grossing Nepalese films of 2015, in the role of Bam Kaji who returns to his home village, falls in love with the female lead, but must compete for her affections with a rival. After the release of Kabaddi Kabaddi (2015) Malla was regarded as important in cinema of Nepal history. Then he appeared in Dying Candle (2016), directed by Naresh Kumar Kc, which he starred alongside Srijana Subba, Arpan Thapa and Lakpa Singi Tamang, which wasn't strong at the box office. Then he starred in Fanko (2016) with Dayahang Rai, Priyanka Karki and Keki Adhikari, in a role of a bank worker who is kidnapped by thieves.
In 2017 he starred in crime film Loot 2, directed by Nischal Basnet. Although his performance was praised, the film was criticized as inferior to the original Loot. In Fateko Jutta, a romance directed by Nikesh Khadka, he acted alongside Priyanka Karki and Kameshwor Chaurasiya. The film did not do well in the box office but audience praised the chemistry between Malla and Priyanka Karki. More recently Malla has started to appear in romantic films including Jhyanakuti (2017) and Mero Paisa Khoi (2017), Jhyanakuti was successful at the box office but Mero Paisa Khoi flopped after competing with another highly successful film, Chhakka Panja 2.
In January 2018, Malla appeared in an episode of the reality show webseries Artists Support Programme—Fashion Artist Edition.
|2012||Loot||Haku Kale||First successful film of Malla|
|2012||Soongava: Dance of the Orchids||Milan||Nepal's Oscar submitted film but it wasn't
|2014||Fitkerri||Jeevan Jung Thapa|
|2017||Loot 2||Haku Kale|
- Bmedia1 (2016-04-03). "Saugat Malla Biography, Movies, Rate and Girlfriend". Bigul Media. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- "An actor's world". Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Saugat Malla Biography". Bigul News.
- Bmedia1 (2016-04-03). "Saugat Malla Biography, Movies, Rate and Girlfriend". Bigul Media. Retrieved 2017-03-13.
- Media, Lumbini. "Saugat Malla Biography". Nepali Celebrity Biography, Famous Nepali Celebrities Biography. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Successful Loot, Saptahik". Nepali Times. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Sneak peek of Kabaddi Kabaddi - The Himalayan Times". The Himalayan Times. 2015-09-22. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "The director who made the nation go Kabaddi - The Himalayan Times". The Himalayan Times. 2015-12-06. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "'Dying Candle' review: A beautifully crafted movie – OnlineKhabar". english.onlinekhabar.com. Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Fanko to release to high expectations". Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Loot 2 belongs to Saugat". The Himalayan Times. 2017-02-25. Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Fateko Jutta to star Priyanka, Saugat". Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Fateko Jutta to hit theatres worldwide". Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "मेरो पैसा खोईको 'ओ कान्छी'" (in np). Retrieved 2017-12-03.
- "Three finalists selected from ASP's fashion web-series". Retrieved 2018-02-11.
- "Saugat Malla Speaks About Marriage With Shristi Shrestha". 977 News Network.
|This Nepalese biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|