Sauk Valley Community College
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Sauk Makes It Possible...
You Make It Happen!
|President||Dr. David Hellmich|
Sauk Valley Community College (SVCC) is a public two-year comprehensive community college established in 1965 and was built on the Rock River between the cities of Sterling and Dixon, Illinois. The College offers an assortment of transfer degree majors (e.g., A.A., A.S.), career-technical degrees (A.A.S.) and certificates. The College has a student body of about 2,000 full and part-time students each semester. Sauk provides numerous opportunities for educational growth including programs in adult education (G.E.D. or E.S.L) and classes in personal and professional enrichment. Sauk's district includes portions of Bureau, Lee, Henry, Carroll, Ogle, and Whiteside counties.
The College has enjoyed a long history of continuous regional accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission. The Radiation Technology program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology. The College's current (adopted in 2016) mission is, "Sauk Valley Community College is dedicated to teaching and scholarship while engaging the community in lifelong learning, public service, and economic development."
- Average student credit hour load per semester: 14 credit hours
- Average age of students: 25 years
- Percent of full-time students: 55%
- Percent of students in transfer programs: 47%
- Percent of students in career-technical programs: 46%
- Percent of local HS graduates who attend SVCC: 32%
- Percent of students who receive Pell Grants to finance their education: 54%
- 44 full-time faculty
- 90 part-time faculty
- Student to Faculty Ratio: 16:1
The college offers:
- Associate in Science (A.S.)
- Associate in Arts (A.A.)
- Associate in Engineering Science (A.E.S)
- Associate in Liberal Studies (A.L.S.)
- Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.)
- Various certificates in career-technical fields
Sauk is a member of the Arrowhead Athletic Conference and participates in the highest level of National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) competition.
- Men's Basketball
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Tennis
- Men's Tennis
- | publisher = SVCC |url = https://www.svcc.edu/programs/degreeprogs.html