|Date of birth||25 October 1991|
|Place of birth||Bodmin, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Hawke's Bay United|
|2013||→ Bideford (loan)||4||(0)|
|2014–||Hawke's Bay United||37||(15)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:39, 5 February 2014 (UTC).
Halpin came through the college set-up and youth team at Torquay United and was offered a professional contract during the 2009-2010 season. His progress impressed the Torquay coaching staff as well as more senior players within the first team squad and manager Paul Buckle was quick to praise the left midfielder: "We have extended Saul's contract and he is now committed to the club for a further three years which is fantastic. The special thing about Saul is his age. He has come back looking very bright; he can go past people and has already upset a few of the senior players."
His Torquay debut came as a second-half replacement for fellow winger Danny Stevens in an FA Cup clash with Crawley Town on 29 January 2011. His league debut came several days later, where, once again, he came on as a second-half substitute for Danny Stevens.
In March 2013 Halpin was loaned to Bideford for one month, along with teammate Karl Baker.
At the end of the season, he was released by Torquay United along with six other players.
At the end of the Stirling Sports Premiership 16/17 season after scoring 12 goals in the league for Hawkes's Bay United, Halpin signed for Miramar Rangers.
- Rollin, Glenda; Rollin, Jack, eds. (2012). Sky Sports Football Yearbook 2012–2013 (43rd ed.). London: Headline. p. 541. ISBN 978-0-7553-6356-8.
- "Midfielder Saul Halpin signs new deal at Torquay United". BBC Sport. 9 July 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Triallist bags a hat-trick as Reserves cruise to easy victory against Forest". thisisderbyshire. 30 March 2011.
- "Halpin coup for Shortwood United". Non League Daily. 5 February 2014. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Westfields up to second". Hereford Times. 17 September 2014. Retrieved 13 October 2014.