14 October 1964|
|Occupation||President and CEO|
Abraham Maslavi (Brother)Elissa Maslavi (Daughter)
Saul Maslavi was born on October 14, 1964 in Teheran, Iran to Feryal and Jacob Maslavi. He grew up in Teheran until he was eleven years old after which he moved to England. While in England, Maslavi attended Shiplake College, a boarding school for boys. A year before his scheduled high school graduation from Shiplake, he moved to the United States and attended John L. Miller Great Neck North High School in New York. In 1982 Maslavi attended Baruch college in Manhattan New York. His father Jacob who had started a fashion company called Jovani. He attended night classes and help him to grow the Jovani brand. Soon after he fell in love with the fashion industry with its competitive, innovative and challenging nature. Jovani is now one of the most recognised names in that industry.
Maslavi married Orly Maslavi, an optometrist from California, in 1993. They have four children, three boys and one girl.
Jovani Fashion was founded in 1983 by Jacob Maslavi and his sons, Abraham and Saul Maslavi. The company initially started as a 10-person operation, designing and manufacturing 15 styles of dresses for specialty boutiques. Jovani Fashion began as primarily an evening wear company but explored other markets in 1990 like the growing prom and cocktail trends. By 1992, Jovani’s popularity had increased and business was booming; production had moved to China while designs and patterns were still created in the U.S. In 1996, Jovani brought on American designer Sherri Hill to assist in the expansion of their prom and pageant market; the designer remained with the fashion house for the next 12 years. After his father’s passing in 2006, Maslavi became the unofficial owner of Jovani Fashions. A year later, Maslavi opened a second Jovani showroom in Atlanta, Georgia which was recently renovated in April 2015.
Celebrities including Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and Jewel, have all worn Jovani’s signature pieces for various red carpet, charity, and social events. In 2014, dresses worn by Country music star Miranda Lambert were exhibited in The Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee.
Throughout the years Maslavi has expanded Jovani Fashions to include several notable collections like JVN by Jovani, an inexpensive prom line; Maslavi, a contemporary ready-to-wear-line; and Jovani Bridal, a wedding dress line.
In 2014, Saul Maslavi was legally named the President and CEO of Jovani Fashion.
In 2013, Saul Maslavi and Jovani Fashion partnered with the non-profit organization Operation PROM to provide prom dresses to underprivileged high school students.
- Jovani Fashion to Make Entry at Brooklyn Fashion Week, Beauty World News, September 14, 2012
- Davis, Jennifer "The Voice: Is Danielle Bradbery’s Fashion Inspiration Miranda Lambert?", Instyle.com, Published June 18, 2013
- Chan, Jennifer "Carrie Underwood’s 12 CMA Awards Dresses: See Host’s Best Costume Changes", EOnline.com, Published November 2, 2012
- Selena Gomez and Jovani, Coolspotters
- Jovani 72719 Dress
- Look of the Day, InStyle.com
- Jewel In Jovani – American Country Awards 2013, Red Carpet Fashion Awards. November 12, 2013
- Miranda Lambert: Backstage Access to Open May 16, Country Music Hall of Fame News and Updates, April 23, 2014.
- About Us, Jovani.com
- Neiman Marcus.com, retrieved August 13, 2014
- , retrieved November 23, 2015
- Operation Prom, Retrieved August 13, 2014