||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Saumur is a French wine region located in the Loire Valley. The region is noted for sparkling wines produced by the traditional method, and for red wines made primarily from Cabernet Franc. The main variety in the white wines is Chenin blanc.
The annual Grandes Tablées du Saumur-Champigny is a popular annual event held in early August with over 1km of tables set up in Saumur so people can sample the local foods and wine.
The following AOCs may be used for Saumur wine:
- Cabernet de Saumur - a rosé wine
- Coteaux de Saumur - a medium sweet white wine
- Saumur - white, red or sparkling
- Saumur-Champigny - red wine
- Saumur mousseux - sparkling